1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Converting other OS txts to Android

Discussion in 'Android Lounge' started by rockluvva, Aug 6, 2013.

1. rockluvva

rockluvva Newbie
    None

Mar 20, 2012
    I have SMS backups in .CSV, .NBU & HTML formats. Looks like I didn't keep the Iphone backup in its original form when I had it (have changed laptops since then).

Can't seem to find software that'll convert these to the XML format that "Super Backup & Restore" can read. Especially can't find any software that'll convert the HTML & txt files to XML. Those that do convert, Super Backup says the file is empty.

I want to cry!! :thinking:

Any advice would be appreciated.

Thanks

Advertisement

2. divinebovine

divinebovine Android Expert
    None

Aug 30, 2012
    XML is not a specific format but more of a meta-format; each program can define its own format within an XML file. Therefore what you'll need is something from the folks who make Super Backup & Restore that can import or convert the files that you do have, or a different program.

Crashdamage likes this.
  3. rockluvva

rockluvva Newbie
    None

Mar 20, 2012
    That's true, the progs I did find that worked just converted a jumbled mess. I guess I need to learn more about XML formats, parameters & fields & then maybe it'd make more sense to me (& Super Backup)

Thanks for that. I'll have a look at what the bods at Super Back Up have got going. That is a really neat little app! :)