1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Convince me not to go out and buy the new itouch!

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by blackbook88, Dec 13, 2010.

1. dhoffman1421

dhoffman1421 Android Enthusiast

I have both as well. Had the iTouch before getting the X. Great for gaming on the go. Good for music but the X is pretty good as well.

What kills me though is how slow the iTouch is for web browsing. If I had not had it before I don't know if I would get one, the new ones are definitely cooler than my first gen but I doubt they are as good for browsing as the X.

Personal choice...

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. Outlaw71

Outlaw71 Android Expert

I can accept any personal reasoning to get both EXCEPT the one about conserving your phone's battery. If that's the only reason you state for having two devices then you would be much better off buying a spare battery for your DX instead. You could buy about 12 spare batteries for the price of an iPod Touch. And a battery is much smaller/less delicate than another multimedia device... it doesn't require a screen protector, or a case, or any of that jazz.

Now if you like having separate devices and are just using that reason to justify having two, don't. Just say you like having two devices, you have every right to own both if thats what you want. But to conserve phone juice by itself is a flawed argument. An extra battery is much more practical in every way.

3. FrayAdjacent

FrayAdjacent Android Enthusiast

Apple doesn't market anything called an 'iTouch'. There is no such product.

That's why you shouldn't/can't get one!

4. Outlaw71

Outlaw71 Android Expert

"iTouch" was the first question Tarzan asked Jane when he saw her breasts after living with monkeys all his life.

5. hahaha what

hahaha what Android Enthusiast

its an ipod. touch. who the hell coined itouch jesus christ

6. Lars

Lars Android Expert

The new itouch 4G (I'll type what I want) has the retina display and two cameras. It also seems to have quite a few bugs that my 1G and 3G itouches don't. It has required reboots to send and recieve email and master resets to restore sound. Go Apple....

7. Kirch21

Kirch21 Android Enthusiast

i sold my itouch 2 weeks after i got my first droid because i literally NEVER used it anymore. use iSyncr to sync all ur stuff. dont waste the cash man!

8. Aggie12

Aggie12 Android Expert

I had an iTouch. I thought I would keep it after I got my DX but I ended up selling it after not using it for a week or two. But it's really a personal question. Does your DX do all that you need it to do? If yes, then don't buy the iTouch. If no, then buy the iTouch.

9. Outlaw71

Outlaw71 Android Expert

Whe the hell knows. Probably the same cat that coined 'DX' from Droid Extreme.

10. Napalm

Napalm Android Expert

I do agree to some point. However most of my friends that I recommend this to, have Iphones and thus have no spare battery arrangement other than the standard plug in some AA battery packs to hang off the back (or wherever). And basically they just can't wait to give more money to apple.

I had the zen long before the DX, I still carry it on airplanes and road trips etc. If I didn't have it, spare batteries I would own. But I have to say the Zen sounds better than the DX.

11. sawtooth

sawtooth Guest

i think my parents got me a i touch for x mas. it kinda suck but is good at the same time. i only really use the music in my car anyways so i can just use the i pod for that. plus all my music is in i tunes and i dont feel like converting it all ect... plus for those long rides where i want to listen to music i wont have to waste the battery on the DX.

kinda wish i asked for something else instead of a i pod though. i thought i was stuck with my BB storm until may and my i pod video died so ya.

12. 1324356565

1324356565 Member

Didnt read any replies just the OP's.
    I have the new ipod touch and the DX.
    Because both are oh so light Its easy to carry both.
    I recommend it.

13. foo

foo Android Enthusiast

Ya...that's right...I'm gonna do it..

What's an iTouch?
    :rolleyes:

14. colornshape

colornshape Android Enthusiast

I have an 8GB iPod Touch 4G and it's pretty nice. With wireless tether, I can do video calls, Netflix, and Hulu Plus just about anywhere. The games are mostly really good, and also, Mobile Mouse is just great.

The music player is inferior to Power Amp in every way, but that leaves more space for apps. Typing is a real chore because the only keyboard available is QWERTY, but it can be done.

About $200 at Target. Good buy.

Matt

15. cdmoore74

cdmoore74 Member

I bought the 32gig Ipod touch 4th gen and took it back to apple. Could not live with the small 3.5 inch display and the same old interface since 2007. And I did not want to carry 2 devices at one time.

Motorola Droid X Forum

The Motorola Droid X release date was July 2010. Features and Specs include a 4.3" inch screen, 8MP camera, 512GB RAM, TI OMAP3630 processor, and 1540mAh battery.

July 2010
Release Date
Reviews