• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Convince me why I should get the Incredible

king cayman

Jul 18, 2010
Hey guys... big dilemma here. Trying to decide whether or not to get the Droid Incredible or wait a little longer and see if the iPhone comes to Verizon. Both are awesome phones so I don't think I could go wrong with either one... just looking for a reason to pull the trigger on this one.

Other than the battery, do you guys have any complaints with the Incredible? Can you upload videos in 720p right to YouTube from the phone? Call quality?

you should get it because its Incredible lol, Just kidding. I've had my incredible for a while now and I have an iPod Touch and my girl has an iPhone. So I have experience with both. First let me say the incredible is an awesome phone. Its fast beautiful and quick. The new iPhone 4 is just as quick I may add and might be a slightly easier learning curve than an android. I still prefer the Android OS over iOS 4 simply because Android is 100% customizable and has real multitasking. Now iPhone just added multitasking which I love the way apple implemented it but it frustrates me because alot of apps still need to reload when you go back to a used app. So alot of the times I go back to an app and its not exactly where I left it. The incredible which uses Android doesnt have this problem.

Phone wise the the the iPhone 4 has a beautiful screen and you can see it better in sunlight than on the incredible. They both have beautiful screens though. The iPhone 4 has more megapixels than the Dinc too but honestly you wont notice it unless you zoom all the way on a letter in a paragraph. Call quality is not always good on my Dinc honestly although on some other peoples Dincs they say they have not problems at all. My girls iPhone on the other hand call quality sucks like mine does and I love going to NYC with her and my phone still has signal while her calls and textes keep dropping.

Upvote 0
i was just at a coffee shop, there were three people with iphones.

a 12 year old little boy.

a 60 year old grandmother and her husband both had them.

Just saying.

I am currently staying with some relatives in Canada for the weekend and I gotta tell you, everyone here has an iPhone or iPod Touch, but no Android phones. Being an Android fan since the G1 came out, it saddens me

Upvote 0
I'll tell you what, you keep waiting for the VZW iPhone. We'll keep on enjoying our Incredible's now. Come back in a year when we all have the Incredible 2, or whatever, and we'll still tell you the same thing. VZW no longer needs the iPhone, we have something better on a vastly superior network.

If I were buying a new phone today though, I would probably try to get the Droid X. Not that the Incredible is outdated already. But it is the latest and greatest, with a larger screen. If the X is not in stock, go for the DInc. You won't be disappointed either way.

Forget the iPhone. (waves his hand like Obi Wan)

Reactions: droideris
Upvote 0
Best phone I have had so far. Fits nice in your hand as well as your pocket. Completely customizable, and there is not much you can not do with it. you will not be dissaponted with it. From what I have read even guys that cancelled orders for the X are redoing there dinc orders and returning X. Best phone out so far imho

Upvote 0
as of tomorrow, I'll be on DINC #4. I got it on launch day.
I have had so many problems with this phone, I wish I had a way to just return it and forget about it, and even go back to a dumbphone. This constant replacement, only to get another shitty refurb with a new list of problems, is getting tiresome.

If I could do it all over again...I wouldn't.

All that said, in functionality, WHEN IT WORKS, this is a seriously kickass phone.
I just wish I didn't keep getting POS refurbs.

Upvote 0
I've had an iPhone for the last 2 years. You're not missing much. Current set of Android phones is as good or better than the iPhone. HTC Incredible is fast, nice size. Droid X is fast, faster graphics, much bigger screen and phone. There's also the Samsung Galaxy S coming soon. You can see it at AT&T and T-Mobile. I think its a nice size, 4" screen, fast, buts its custom software is much worse than HTC's sense.

Bottom line, I would not wait for a Verizon iPhone.

Reactions: king cayman
Upvote 0
as of tomorrow, I'll be on DINC #4. I got it on launch day.
I have had so many problems with this phone, I wish I had a way to just return it and forget about it, and even go back to a dumbphone. This constant replacement, only to get another shitty refurb with a new list of problems, is getting tiresome.

If I could do it all over again...I wouldn't.

All that said, in functionality, WHEN IT WORKS, this is a seriously kickass phone.
I just wish I didn't keep getting POS refurbs.

you're probably one of those individuals that gets 5-6 replacements per 2 yr contract.
I just wonder why ?
when I hear someone tell me that they replace their phones so many times in such a short time, I think that there's something wrong with the user.
Seriously. You obviously can't take care of your phone, you don't Google for solutions. You expect things to be perfect with phone, if one TXT msg. doesnt go through you call TEch for replacement.
Or something else unusual.
I mean I feel bad for you, but c'mon, the most successful phone that Verizon has had is being replaced 4 times in 2-3 months. is ridiculous.
I think you take pride for that.
I would be ashamed !

NOTE: me and my wife own INC. and love every moment about.
1 or 2 times shut off intermitently, uninstalled a low rated app and problem went away.

Reactions: Lifeguard17
Upvote 0
you're probably one of those individuals that gets 5-6 replacements per 2 yr contract.
I just wonder why ?
when I hear someone tell me that they replace their phones so many times in such a short time, I think that there's something wrong with the user.
Seriously. You obviously can't take care of your phone, you don't Google for solutions. You expect things to be perfect with phone, if one TXT msg. doesnt go through you call TEch for replacement.
Or something else unusual.
I mean I feel bad for you, but c'mon, the most successful phone that Verizon has had is being replaced 4 times in 2-3 months. is ridiculous.
I think you take pride for that.
I would be ashamed !

NOTE: me and my wife own INC. and love every moment about.
1 or 2 times shut off intermitently, uninstalled a low rated app and problem went away.

What you read above my be unpopular on this forum but is the honest to god truth. There is a learning curve with this phone as there is with any other smart phone. It amazes me the number of people who make all kinds of modifications to their phones and when they don't work they cry about it.
Thanks for the post.... you saved me from having to post it :)

Upvote 0
Hey guys... big dilemma here. Trying to decide whether or not to get the Droid Incredible or wait a little longer and see if the iPhone comes to Verizon. Both are awesome phones so I don't think I could go wrong with either one... just looking for a reason to pull the trigger on this one.

Other than the battery, do you guys have any complaints with the Incredible? Can you upload videos in 720p right to YouTube from the phone? Call quality?

Wait for the Samsung FASCINATE !!

I have the Dinc and Father in law has the Droid X, Brother in law has the Samsung Captivate(AT&T's version).
The Samsung puts all of our phones to SHAME !! I want one soooo bad now !!

((IF the Incredible drops the AMOLED for CRAPPY LCD, it's BURNT TOAST in my book !!))

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones