1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Tips cool secret handset code to view "testing" screen in your samsung captivate android 2.1 or 2.2.

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by SGS2, Mar 30, 2011.

1. SGS2

SGS2 Well-Known Member

Mar 26, 2011
    international diplomat, cia spy
    top secret, undisclosed location
    :D

hi. i am a non-rooted samsung captivate.

when i needed to completely reboot my phone, at&t gave me a secret code to see some handset testing information. maybe everyone knows this, maybe not. it works with 2.1 and 2.2 versions.

type it exactly as shown, reversing the *# symbols as indicated. maybe this is for all at&t phones, maybe only for the captivate. i do not know.

remember to reverse the *# formatting, and just dial *#*#info#*#* or numerically, *#*#4636#*#* in your phone keypad and it will automatically (just wait a moment) open a secret pull down menu showing the following screens you can drill down/individually open.

• phone information
    • battery information
    • battery history
    • usage statistics
    • wifi information

why anyone really needs this, i do not know. i also saw another post using *#*#checkin#*#* to force the phone to check for ota (over the air) updates, and it works fine.

i plan to call at&t to see if i can get more secret codes from them, and if they tell me any, i will post those results here.

Advertisement

tuck78, mike.mccravey and Major1 like this.