• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Coolest Feature,Tip,Trick or App you have found For the Note 2

Hey guys, I found a shortcut to enable one-handed keyboard. When you are on the 'normal' keyboard, pinch the screen using both thumbs from the edges of the keyboard. What I usually do is holding the 'Symbol' and 'L' buttons and bring them to the center.

And also there is an app called Photo Reader. You can take a picture of a text or anything, and the app will generate it to be a real text (on ur phone). If you already install it, there will be new icon on the input setting of the keyboard

Hope this help!

Sweet!!!

Upvote 0
LMAO!!! Exactly what I was doing. In the motion settings there is a help section. I ended up looking at that and it shows you how to do the motions. I felt like a dope afterwards. I was getting help here on the forum but just couldn't get it right.

Lol. I found it after I downloaded the note 2 manual from play store. Go Settings, Motion and check the tap to top (or something like that) option.

Up til then I thought the poster was messing andjust having a laugh that someone was pointlessly tapping away at the top of the device.

Upvote 0
.....And also there is an app called Photo Reader. You can take a picture of a text or anything, and the app will generate it to be a real text (on ur phone). If you already install it, there will be new icon on the input setting of the keyboard

Hope this help!

@ cophyor Do you have any issues with Photo Reader? In the play store 5 people gave it 5 ★'s but none of them left a comment. The one comment that is there comes with a 1 ★ review.

Upvote 0
Two things I have found today and not seem them mentioned yet. .. apologies if they have.

1. On the quick settings when you pull down the notification bar. ..holding one of the icons takes you directly to the main settings page for that icon.

2. I had a call today from a landline that was not in my contacts. The screen gave me the number but also did the area name where the call was coming from. ..In this instance it was Chester.

Upvote 0
Two things I have found today and not seem them mentioned yet. .. apologies if they have.

1. On the quick settings when you pull down the notification bar. ..holding one of the icons takes you directly to the main settings page for that icon.

2. I had a call today from a landline that was not in my contacts. The screen gave me the number but also did the area name where the call was coming from. ..In this instance it was Chester.

Oh. #1 is especially useful!

Upvote 0

Learning something new all the time. This I did not know.

Upvote 0

I didn't know this either, nice tip thanks.

Upvote 0
Did anyone notice that you can take pics directly from any video you're playing? Juat tap the camera icon at the top middle of the screen while playing a video and it will capture a pic and put it in your screenshots folder.

Lots! And I mean LOTS of really great tips and tricks in this thread but this one just blew my mind. Probably helps that I was watching the new Tron when I did it. :p

Upvote 0
Did anyone notice that you can take pics directly from any video you're playing? Juat tap the camera icon at the top middle of the screen while playing a video and it will capture a pic and put it in your screenshots folder.

at first my mind read that as taking stills while recording a video, so i wasn't impressed and was puzzled by the next poster, so i reread it and am now duly impressed :D

someone should compile all these tricks on a wiki guide or something...

Upvote 0

I don't see camera button, what am I missing?
a2umyraq.jpg

Upvote 0

Now, question is if you can direct the screenshots to go to the exterior SD, not the internal.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones