• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Coolest Feature,Tip,Trick or App you have found For the Note 2

hmmm I followed the steps you mention and nope that setting is not there. :(

Could it be I am not fully updated?
Sprint US Version L900VPALJC

Only Rooted, no custom roms installed, Nova launcher

The only settings that show are...
Favorites
Slideshow
Face Tag
Tag Buddy
Draw on image
Copy to Clipboard
Rotate left
Rotate Right
Crop
Advance edit
Set As
Buddy photo share
Print
Rename
Scan for nearby devices
Details

TS

Upvote 0

Favorites
Slideshow
Face Tag
Tag Buddy
Draw on image
Copy to Clipboard
Rotate left
Rotate Right
Crop
Advance edit
Set As
Buddy photo share
Print
Rename
Scan for nearby devices
Details

TS

Thats strange as I don't have all of those!

Upvote 0
This is some of what I have....
u9uqynym.jpg

Upvote 0

Favorites
Slideshow
Face Tag
Tag Buddy
Draw on image
Copy to Clipboard
Rotate left
Rotate Right
Crop
Advance edit
Set As
Buddy photo share
Print
Rename
Scan for nearby devices
Details

TS

I'm gonna run down to the car and grab the International Note to see if it's an app that maybe can be downloaded from Samsung app store. Be back in a 'bit.

Upvote 0

Favorites
Slideshow
Face Tag
Tag Buddy
Draw on image
Copy to Clipboard
Rotate left
Rotate Right
Crop
Advance edit
Set As
Buddy photo share
Print
Rename
Scan for nearby devices
Details

TS

I was going to say when I first got mine I was going to do this also, but draw on image is what you select. I thought it meant "draw" so I finally just clicked on it to see what it does and it flips the photo over so you can write on the back.

qy2eva8e.jpg

Upvote 0
I was going to say when I first got mine I was going to do this also, but draw on image is what you select. I thought it meant "draw" so I finally just clicked on it to see what it does and it flips the photo over so you can write on the back.

qy2eva8e.jpg

Sheesh...It's like how they changed the name of S Planner to Calendar!...LOL...Are they purposely trying to confuse us all?

I also assumed "Draw on image" was so you could draw on the front of the picture (like captions).

Upvote 0
Sheesh...It's like how they changed the name of S Planner to Calendar!...LOL...Are they purposely trying to confuse us all?

I also assumed "Draw on image" was so you could draw on the front of the picture (like captions).

Thats what I was wanting to do with it. I ended up side loading the photo editor and photo desk to be able to draw on the front of the picture.

Upvote 0
Look what I just discovered. I posted this in another thread discussing the calendar or Verizons lack of one.

I just checked mine (Sprint) and I don't have S Planner on here. But I did learn something new. Minor for those who already knew this; major for those who didn't.
Tap that corner icon to change from yrly, month, week, day, list & task.
I've had this phone a month and it's my first time taping that icon. :p

2012-11-29183314.png

Upvote 0
last I posted i was about to leave work, had to do a few errands and then finally go back to this thread, saw the post asking to provide a screenshot of what I had and spent the last 30 minutes airdoiding the images to my pc then up to my drop box to then place on my website so the images can appear here and then I finish reading the thread not knowing the mystery was already solved. lol serves me right for not reading the end of the thread. Would've saved me time. lol

Anyway, I also thought the Draw on Image was referring to the front of the image not the back. So yeah, I didn't click on that choice.
it does seem that Samsung is trying to confuse us with different names for the same operation on different versions. :rolleyes:

Now to figure out how keep that back side writing if one moves it elsewhere. As well as to what file actually keeps the data of what is written to each photo. I wonder if the xda guys started on this.

@scandalex,
I guess you didn't get the memo.
Article 4, Section 235, Note 1.
...you must touch any and every icon, widget, speck on the display to figure out what it is.

:D

Which naturally i did not do otherwise i would have figures out that damn Draw on Image issue above. lol

TS out (poking every little thingy on the display)

Upvote 0
...spent the last 30 minutes airdoiding the images to my pc...

Old news, bro! No need to use Airdroid anymore. Just use this:

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=pl.solidexplorer&feature=nav_result#?t=W251bGwsMSwxLDMsInBsLnNvbGlkZXhwbG9yZXIiXQ..

I honestly forgot who posted it (in another thread), but not only can you use a password protected ftp, but plug that url into Windows File Explorer and drag and drop to your hearts content!!

I see why it got all the downloads and 5 star reviews. Just discovered yesterday. Probably going to uninstall Airdroid now.

Upvote 0
@scandalex,
I guess you didn't get the memo.
Article 4, Section 235, Note 1.
...you must touch any and every icon, widget, speck on the display to figure out what it is.

:D

Which naturally i did not do otherwise i would have figures out that damn Draw on Image issue above. lol

TS out (poking every little thingy on the display)
Dang.......Article 4, Section 235, Note 2 <<~~~~see what I did there... :p.

Upvote 0
If, Like me, you decided that the extra 50GB of dropbox storage you get with your new phone is a great place to store backups of all your home photos and videos.... Make sure you go to Settings>Cloud and turn off Sync for Pictures and Videos..

Otherwise your phone will start getting filled up with all the pics you upload to dropbox and before you know it you will start to get "Phone out of space" warnings!

Upvote 0
Not sure if this is a tip or an app recomendation... but something I find really useful is a Profile Scheduler. I use one called "profile Sheduler" but there are load on the Marketplace to try out.

Basically, if you don't know, you can use an app like this to chage the Volumes, Vibration, Ringtone, Brightness and loads of other things depending on things like the time of day, day of the week, location etc.

I use it to automatically turn my phone on silent at night and onto vibrate during workdays.

Upvote 0
Not sure if this has been posted about before, but when the phone is asleep if you hold your finger over the camera and sensors on front the phone will display if you have any texts/missed calls and the battery %.

Doh already been posted!

Cant get mine to do that. Do you mean when its locked or just asleep?
Is there a setting to get that feature ?

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones