1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Coolpad Quattro II 4G

Discussion in 'Metro PCS' started by Datamax4g, May 22, 2013.

1. Datamax4g

Datamax4g Lurker

Advertisement

2. Gman9831

Gman9831 I'm no Senior

Doesn't mean it's coming to metro, only confirmed one is C Spire

3. anubispax

anubispax Well-Known Member

CNET is also saying C Spire

4. OcalaFlGuy

OcalaFlGuy Android Expert

I nominate it's new Official slang name to be the Coolpud Quattro II.

:D

Bruce in Ocala, FL

5. Coolpud..... hahaha.

Ooooh lookie, it's running 4.1!!

6. THE W

THE W Android Expert

coolpad = gas station burn phone

twogbsd likes this.
  7. hubsabubs

hubsabubs Android Enthusiast

People need to stop hating on the Quattro phone. For 79$ you should of known what you were getting into. I mean seriously are you butt hurt because they haven't released the kernel source and you cant get a recovery and rom flashed? Time will tell. I haven't had one hindering issue with this phone yet, I got it doing 60 fps on ePSXe with FF7. Up to 2GB of internal memory and 2.5GB of RAMSwap. I got DSPManager from Cyanogenmod installed and working fully. I just watched a .mkv copy of Iron Man 3 DVD Copy on it the other night. It plays Real Boxing, DeadTrigger and a lot of other high powered games.

8. hubsabubs

I love how people go and spend 80$ and expect to get a 350$ hardware system. I just sit here shaking my head at consumers like you.

9. hubsabubs

T-mobile isn't planning on phasing out CDMA and MetroPCS until late in the 4th Quarter of 2014 possibly into 2015. that's another 1.5+ years away. So what do you think theyre just going to stop producing CDMA phones until then?! my how would they make money then.

Like my dad used to say, that's what you get for thinking.

10. Gman9831

Gman9831 I'm no Senior

Yes I do. Why? They've said they are.

Like I always say facts go before thoughts.

11. new optimus

new optimus Android Expert

As Gman says they have already said it, and as to your question how will they make money.

They will be putting out gsm phones from now on, the only reason they will not get rid of cdma is to let people naturally progress to a new phone and not try to force them into it all at once..

Let me put it this way Statistics have shown that people change phones every 18-22 months, so by the time people that buy the last cdma phone this year are ready to upgrade they will only have gsm to upgrade.

12. hubsabubs

Yes you do? well you'd be wrong obviously because regardless of what they "said" they're still producing and manufacturing distributing and contracting CDMA phones :) Granted I cant wait to see how the VoIP system is going to be.

13. THE W

THE W Android Expert

Seems like you would be butt hurt. Settle down. We're talking about a phone, not your mother.

14. new optimus

new optimus Android Expert

They can not dump a phone they have had in the works to sell just like that(snap of fingers) remember until april 24th or so they did not know they would merge so its to be expected that at least one phone was in the pipe and now that they have merged officially they would send other types of phones through to get sold later this year. This Coolpad, or what ever is most likely the last phone to be cdma.

15. Gman9831

Gman9831 I'm no Senior

Thats why they had 2 roadmaps just in case they recently said they scraped the CDMA roadmap

16. I thought I read somewhere that the Premia would be the last CDMA handset... But who knows LOL. I've heard all kinds of speculation on the matter, as long as they welcome my Nex4 when I finally get it ;)

17. kiroshi23

kiroshi23 Android Enthusiast

i was thinking of getting the nexus 4 but then i started thinking to w8 for the nex5

18. mike28

mike28 Android Expert

Yes the premia is the last cdma phone

Kid09 likes this.
  19. Kid09

Kid09 Android Enthusiast

Where does it say it's coming metro?

20. Joshb101

Joshb101 Well-Known Member

Lol no where does it say its coming to Metro, its been confirmed as coming to C-Spire and will probably hit the other small CDMA carriers that want to carry it as well.

Remember there are plenty of carriers that use CDMA 2000 technology, including China Telecom which is on Coolpad's home turf. Just because Metro got the first one Quatro does not mean it was ever going to get this one, it probably would have if they had been planning to keep CDMA, but not now.

Coolpad is trying to break into the US market so its going to keep producing phones for US carriers, they don't solely rely on Metro after all.

21. Kid09

Kid09 Android Enthusiast

Lol thats what I trying to say. They only mentioned metro to estimate the price point of the phone. People are just assuming it is coming to metro. For all we know, It could go to cricket, us celluar, alltel etc....

mike28 likes this.
  22. Kaiser17

Kaiser17 Android Enthusiast

LG Spririt Knock off

23. mike28

mike28 Android Expert

Who wants A cookpad anyway :D

24. OcalaFlGuy

OcalaFlGuy Android Expert

Right after I get me a CoolPud.

Bruce in Ocala, FL :p

mike28 likes this.
  25. Been looking for a used CPQ on ebay, can't believe how much people want for those... Somebody selling one with zeroed MEID, MDN and such for like 70 bucks. LMAO