• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Copilot Central not recognising Galaxy

I have recently purchased a full version of Copilot 8 (with AU/NZ Maps) and downloaded Copilot Central for PC to manage Copilot.

For love nor money can I get Copilot Central to see my Galaxy with Copilot on it. I have followed the instructions on the Copilot site to connect below:

Getting the device Connected:
1) Launch Central 2.0
2) Log in with your SSO details (this is a must in order to
download maps or purchase upgrades)
3) Plug your android device to your PC through a USB cable
4) On the device, drag the top bar down and tap on USB connected
5) Select "Mount"
6) You will see in Central your Device model (for android devices we just show "Android Device") and CoPilot 8 version"

When I try step 4 and 5 my phone does not give me the option to "Mount".

I have also tried changing the USB setting on my handset by going to Settings>About Phone>USB Settings and tried all the options (Samsung Kies, Media Player, Mass Storage, PC Internet and Ask
on Connection). I can confirm that my PC can see the phone and Kies can also see the phone when connected to USB.

I have contact Copilot Support and all they do is refer me to the instructions above!!! :(

How do I get Copilot Central to recognise my device??? Anybody have an experience with this???

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones