1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Copilot Live Premium / ZTE Warp

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Marknderm, Dec 21, 2011.

1. Marknderm

Marknderm Well-Known Member

I was just wondering what everyone else is using? What you all like better? I have copilot live premium and I'm not sure if I made a good choice. Any info on this?

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. godraw

godraw Well-Known Member

I've got it here on my Warp.

Being so used to stand-alone Garmin nuvis I'd surely come across as biased were I to comment. That's not to say I have anything negative to say toward ALK/CoPilot. Oh no. Rather, over the years of having nuvi's I've developed a workable love/hate relationship for the Garmins I own.

I guess I should use CoPilot more to maybe aquaint myself with it but in all honesty I didn't buy my phone to use as my primary GPS device. CoPilot Prem. USA was on sale over BF for $9.99 and, well, I couldn't resist. Yet my vehicles and phones are all set up for the nuvis I have and I don't foresee a need to jetison them. Just yet anyways.

From having stand-alone GPS units for years I can say there are fan-boys of this or that brand. Truth be told there are even wild differences of opinions between varying models of the same manufacturer.

I'd say use it for a fair and honest period and give yourself time to become acquainted with it before rushing to delete it. They're all different in one respect or another.

3. Kamau

Kamau Android Expert

Google Navigation & Google Maps.
    Accurate.
    Free.

nuff said.

Table83 likes this.
  4. godraw

godraw Well-Known Member

Google Navigation is surprisingly good.

Table83 likes this.
  5. HeroLau

HeroLau Well-Known Member

very very accurate, less 5m outside!

6. godraw

godraw Well-Known Member

Maybe so. But what the 5m represents is due solely to the hardware involved.

Yet it represents nothing concerning routing accuracy. Nor the speed with which a route is designated.

7. HeroLau

HeroLau Well-Known Member

I mean static location after 30s-1m around outdoor.:) moving accuracy not so well.

8. akijione

akijione Lurker

I have been using CoPilot ever since it came out for Android. I have tried others, including Garmin's Navigon, but I keep coming back to CoPilot.

It is very accurate, Map updates are free for life, and the POS's are updated with each map upgrade. Downloading all the maps took awhile, even on my wi-fi connection, but it's better than having to depend on a 3g connection to get your maps. I also like the fact that it is easier to transfer to other android devices than the old version. I have it loaded on both my ZTE Warp and my Asus Transformer, both work great.

I almost paid for Navigon by Garmin. I contacted their customer support first to ask about map upgrades. They wouldn't reply. I took the time to search their website, found out that they charge for their map upgrades. You get one free upgrade if you are a new customer. And the quality of their maps and software....well I went back to CoPilot and I am happy with their customer support, they always reply to my questions. Use a larger micro sd card and move CoPilot and maps to sd. No lag in the program.

I traveled all over the US last summer by car, and I used CoPilot on my old phone, which was a HTC Evo 4g. Drove from Colorado to Florida, New York, Texas, California, Kansas, Utah and other places. It didn't make a wrong turn.

Great GPS program for tablets also if the tablet has GPS.

My ZTE Warp, seems to be working fine so far. I plan to travel again this summer.

ZTE Warp (N860) Forum

The ZTE Warp (N860) release date was October 2011. Features and Specs include a 4.3" inch screen, 5MP camera, 512GB RAM, Snapdragon S2 processor, and 1600mAh battery.

October 2011
Release Date
Reviews