1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

CoPilot ripped me off!

Discussion in 'Android Apps & Games' started by jimt68, May 30, 2011.

1. jimt68

jimt68 Member
    None

Dec 2, 2009
    Good thing I only paid 5.00 for the piece of crap! But it turns out you need wifi to download the map to your phone. Otherwise you have to download to your PC from their website. No problem...all except the regions I need are UNAVAILABLE. Although....they do have the option of paying 29.99 for the map you need. A$$holes! I gave them a nice fat negative comment. They never replied to my email a few days ago, so it doesn't make sense trying to communicate that way.

Advertisement

2. starfish_001

starfish_001 Newbie
    None

Nov 27, 2010
    unbelievable slate a product without even checking it can do what you want... Copilot is very good and not badly priced

You could call them they have support numbers

3. jimt68

jimt68 Member
    None

Dec 2, 2009
    I can't check out what doesn't work. It's like buying a lawn mower without a motor! Although with a new lawn mower, I can return it. If Google didn't suck and they weren't thieves, they would give more than 15 minutes for a refund. And developers would make sure that they sold reliable, honest products, knowing that this bogus policy exists. I stand by my review. I know how to install programs. The application is unreliable. I am not paying 30.00 to a map.

4. rzozaya1969

rzozaya1969 Member
    None

May 18, 2011
    Mexico
    There are some land mower without motors, so your analogy doens't stand up too much. I think that before buying something you should check if you agree with the product features rather than just posting that.

If you didn't check for copilot maps availability before buying the app, it doesn't mean the app is unrelieable. It would be unreliable if it lead you to a dead end, crash unexpectedly or it would just won't start up. Not having the map you need does not make it unreliable, IMHO.

I do understand that you don't like the app, and wouldn't recomend it, but the way I read it is that you don't like the way to download the app and that you need to buy additional maps to use the app, and that then paying $35 bucks (5 for the app and 30 for the map) would be more than it's worth to you.

5. lunatic59

lunatic59 Moderati ergo sum

Jun 12, 2010
    Male
    IT
    Pennsylvania
    Copilot is actually one of the better navigation apps for people who don't have access to data while travelling. They keep their maps up to date and provide accurate directions. This comes at a price, however. I understand your dissatisfaction with the refund policy and pricing, but it doesn't have anything to do with the app itself.

ALK's website is pretty clear about what is included and what regions they cover. I'm a little confused why this is their fault?

6. jimt68

jimt68 Member
    None

Dec 2, 2009
    Save your logical, dialectical discussions for another forum. The description on Copilot says, "USA street maps stored on your phone". That's false advertisement. Especially when I did research it and when I logged in and went to install the "street maps", they are not there, unless I pay more money. The description does not say anything about paying more for a map. It sounds like you work for them. In America, we have expectations when we buy a product. It sounds like you were putting a liberal spin on my lawnmower analogy, when you knew damn well what I was talking about. We don't expect to buy "empty" apps. Why the hell would I buy an empty lawnmower?

7. starfish_001

starfish_001 Newbie
    None

Nov 27, 2010
    Read don't rant ... all the other version listed in the market cost more for some reason off line maps

8. lunatic59

lunatic59 Moderati ergo sum

Jun 12, 2010
    Male
    IT
    Pennsylvania
    Calm down. Nobody is saying you don't have a right to be upset. Could you provide a link to their site where they are asking for an additional $30 for the maps?

9. Shel

Shel Well-Known Member
    None

Oct 21, 2008
    I'm going to leave out the lawnmower analogy (I have a gardener), but I just purchased, five minutes ago, CoPilot, and was able to download all of California for no additional charge. I was also offered the option to download maps in other regions of the United States, and wasn't asked to pay additional money, so I'm not really following you.

Go to Menu, then click on the right arrow (there are two arrows, one pointing left, the other pointing right) twice, and you'll find "Get Maps"...

From here, I was able to choose which maps of the United States to download to my phone.

Am I missing something? There was no additional charge requested, or paid for, by me... just five bucks!

If you're out of the U.S., then yea, you'll need to pay more.

10. UncleMike

UncleMike Android Expert
    None

Nov 15, 2009
    Central NJ
    Based on the price you paid, it's seems fairly clear that you bought "Copilot Live USA". What maps are you trying to download that you're being asked to pay more? Also, within 60 days of purchase you can call their tech support, as opposed to using email.