• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Copy and paste from email to email (or sms)

Hi there,

On your e-mail, long press (ie press and hold) then select "Copy text". Then swipe your finger accross the text you want to copy. You can then past into the same or a different application by long pressing where you want the text to go and selecting "Paste".

Hope that helps :)

Thanks Elwood, I had already tried that without success. A long press on my email produces zilch. Thanks for responding tho..appreciated :)

Upvote 0
Hmm, odd. It definitely works for me. I used it only the other day to copy a parcel number from an email into a courier’s website, like on the TV ad for that “other” phone. I am on the latest Orange Rom by the way.
I assume you are using the stock mail app? Where are you long-pressing?

Upvote 0
Hi Elmwood, I am using google mail. I have tried a long press on various parts of the body of the email without success. I am on T-Mobile 1.5, build 2.73.
Tnx.

Nope, you're right. It doesn't work in the GMail app. How strange. I confess I hadn't tried it there. I was looking at mail in an IMAP account in the standard mail app.

Sorry, I'm out of ideas for now. :thinking:

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones