1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

copy and paste on Droid X

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by roccomon, Feb 6, 2011.

1. roccomon

roccomon Lurker

Am I missing something?? If I want to copy text from a web site and paste into sticky notes, how do I do that? I know how to copy, but I don't know how to paste. Or can't this be done on the X?

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. Frisco

Frisco =Luceat Lux Vestra=

From the Wildfire thread, where you posted your question (I've moved your post to the X support area for you ;)) by JamesT:

"Get the URL to show at the top of the browser by pulling the screen down. LongClick (touch and hold) on the URL and wait for the options to appear."

"Share copies the URL and the page title and puts in your choice of GMail, Email, Message, Facebook, Twitter."

"or Copy page URL just copies the URL into you clipboard."

"To paste, you just LongClick in any text field."

Let us know if this works on the X.

roccomon likes this.
  3. Deleted User

Deleted User Guest

Text from a website is different than copying the URL.

You want to hit Menu > More > Select Text. Then you can swipe over the text you want to copy. To paste it, long press on any text entry field and hit Paste.

The browse xScope has a better copy/paste mechanism than the stock browser. It's one of the primary reasons that I use xScope. You can give it a try if you want. Here is the trial version:

https://market.android.com/details?id=sui.m

Here is the full version if you like it enough to buy it:

https://market.android.com/details?id=sui.mRelease

roccomon likes this.
  4. roccomon

roccomon Lurker

Thanks to both Frisco and Binary Visions for your help. I will give the new browser a try and let you know how it works for me.

Motorola Droid X Forum

The Motorola Droid X release date was July 2010. Features and Specs include a 4.3" inch screen, 8MP camera, 512GB RAM, TI OMAP3630 processor, and 1540mAh battery.

July 2010
Release Date
Reviews