• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Copy and paste won't work

superdrolz

Lurker
Aug 12, 2017
Over the last week my copy and paste won't work. I can copy text but when I hold my finger on the phone to paste nothing happens. Randomly it will bring up the option to paste but it will paste random text. I feel it may have happened after the last update. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Also we may need to know the whatever it is app and/or keyboard you're using as well.
It's the normal keyboard. It seems to work when I hold my finger to copy but it won't bring up the paste option in apps or text messages when I place my finger again. Or paste will come up but it won't paste my most recent thing I copied. It will paste an old screenshot or picture instead of the upc I just copied.

Upvote 0
It's the normal keyboard. It seems to work when I hold my finger to copy but it won't bring up the paste option in apps or text messages when I place my finger again. Or paste will come up but it won't paste my most recent thing I copied. It will paste an old screenshot or picture instead of the upc I just copied.

Presumably it's the whatever it is stock keyboard that comes with the phone then? Tried clearing it's data, cache and resetting it?

I usually use Gboard or Swiftkey myself, and those do work exactly as they should.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones