1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Copy contacts to SIM card

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by whois1230, Feb 22, 2022.

1. whois1230

whois1230 Newbie

Hello, is there a way to copy my contacts from my Google account to my SIM card? I searched, but I could not find anything.
    My phone is Motorola G8 Power and I have Android 11 installed

mikedt likes this.

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. Hadron

Hadron Smoke me a kipper...
    VIP Member

I don't know that phone, but check your Contacts app's settings and see whether it has an option to export contacts to the SIM. Not all do these days - SIM storage is extremely limited, both in capacity and in what you can store, so most modern phones run exclusively off contacts stored in internal memory - but if it has the option that's where I'd look.

(I've not used SIM contacts for a decade now: when one of my SIMs died I never bothered copying anything back onto the replacement. Where I don't want to rely on some corporation's servers, or have contacts whose details I don't want to share with Google or similar, I can export to vcf as a backup that can be loaded into any contact management system, and hence is more flexible than a SIM card and without the limitations that brings).

ocnbrze, Dannydet and whois1230 like this.
  3. whois1230

whois1230 Newbie

Hello, it has an option to export, but no option to export to the SIM. I can only export it as .vcf. I have a classic phone(Nokia 105), which has no option to import a .vcf file

4. There is an application in the playmarket. Or try downloading everything to a а flash USB stick. I've been doing that already

whois1230 likes this.
  5. whois1230

whois1230 Newbie

Could you please share the name of this application?

Moto G(8) Power Forum

The Moto G(8) Power release date was 16 April. Features and Specs include a 6.4" inch screen, 16MP camera, 2/4GB RAM, Snapdragon 665 processor, and 5000mAh battery.

16 April
Release Date
Reviews