• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Copy files FROM ANDROID TO PC

brooksy55

Lurker
Jan 2, 2013
Hi
I bought a nexus 7, which the speaker doesnt go so i need to take back for replacement.
Can some one tell me how I can copy files eg apps from the nexus i have now, to my win 7, and store untill I get my new one.
And then I would have to copy them back to the new ones. Reason I dont download again is i have many gb worth and will use up my download limit. Can you please tell me what files i need to copy, or if i need a certail program.
Thank you in advance and excuse my english!

You don't need to copy your apps. If you go to Settings > Backup & reset > select Back up my data and Automatic restore, your apps will be restored when you sign in to your Google account on the replacement. This won't affect your data usage if you have access to wi-fi for the restore. Any apps that don't restore can be manually installed from Play. Your app data can be restored if you make a Titanium Backup and copy the TitaniumBackup folder to the pc and copy it back to the replacement. Game data, bookmarks, etc. can be restored. Don't try to restore System data. I would be surprised if you really have Gb's of apps. It is usually the data that accumulates. You would need to be rooted and purchase Titanium Backup Pro to do the backup/restore efficiently. You can use TiBu to backup/restore the apps too, but is it recommended to re-install the apps and restore the data.

Reactions: brooksy55
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones