• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help copy/paste formatting

Hi!

I just bought my Note 2 two weeks ago, after having had an iPhone for about four years.

I'm getting used to the change, though I'm still encountering some (frustrating) problems.

First off, as a law student, I need to read a lot of documents with a lot of pages. When using the existing apps to open these (word/pdf) documents, however, it seems to take ages to scroll down and it's very laggy (word more than pdf). Does anyone know a solution to this and/or can anyone recommend an app to open these type of files (paid or free)?

Secondly, I like to make a lot of notes. I'm using the S Note app to do this, though I've never actually used the S Pen (and not planning to either). When copy-pasting text from (for example) an e-mail, somehow the "Enters" disappear. For example, copy-paste the following:

cookies are nice
potatoes too
bla bla bla

will result in: cookies are nicepotatoes toobla bla bla.

Is there a solution to this? When dealing with some longer text, it's very frustrating and time consuming to have to click inbetween the words and have to press Enter every time. Furthermore, is it possible to switch the default setting from "handwriting" text in the S Note app to just regular typing?

And, again, can anyone recommend an app?

Thanks a lot in advance.

the copy paste thing is a head scratcher. i started using google docs for that type thing. it has improved the cut/paste formatting.

i do have to let docs load over about 30 pages before scrolling.

i will mention this in passing. Google drive having docs also has a new scanner. using your phones auto focus camera it turns docs in to searchable pdfs. might come in handy

Reactions: Stick666
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones