1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Copy/Paste on web page

Discussion in 'Android Lounge' started by rechmbrs, Dec 14, 2013.

1. rechmbrs

rechmbrs Lurker

Often on web pages there is text that refers to a link/URL.. Sometimes the text is what I wish to copy but Copy/Paste only copies the link/URL. Example is a tracking number (eBay, Amazon etc.) for a parcel. Clicking on the number go to some site for info but if I wish to copy/paste just the number, I can't seem to figure out how.

Any suggestions?

Thanks,
    RONC:thinking:

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. Clementine_3

Clementine_3 Extreme Android User
    VIP Member

What I do in that exact situation is long press the text before the tracking number and then move the sliders to the number/text I want then select copy from the menu/icons at the top.

funkylogik likes this.
  3. rechmbrs

rechmbrs Lurker

Excellent answer. I hadn't thought of doing that. I'll give it a try today.

There really should be a way built into Android. Does iPad have something different?

Thanks,
    RONC

4. funkylogik

funkylogik share the love peeps ;)

+1 thats a great workaround :)

5. I use Boat Browser. If I long press on a link a menu appears. The last item of the menu is Copy text. This copies the label and not the URL.

... Thom

6. Digital Controller

Digital Controller The Real Bass Creator

Typically long pressing in general will bring up the option to copy the text, I think it's a standard. I just tried it in Chrome and the default Android Browser.

7. Clementine_3

Clementine_3 Extreme Android User
    VIP Member

It doesn't always work in Gmail. That's where I run into it anyway, when I get tracking information it just doesn't have a way to copy.