• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Copy & Paste & SMS

Is it just this Android or the evo, I need to copy and paste stuff from text to google maps. Like last night my friend sms sent me a address to a party and i could not copy and paste it. My friend has a nexus one and he long pressed the sms and could copy and paste. On my that option is missing. Anyone one know how to fix this?

Upvote 0
There are work arounds. I use Handcent SMS, AK Notepad and Swype. Copy the body of any message in Handcent with a long press and copy into AK Notepad. AK Notepad allows you to choose text letter by letter, by word or the whole thing. You can send any picture in your Gallery to Handcent as a SMS. You can copy from AK Notepad directly into any Navigator window after you have chosen what you want to copy. I don't know, I just came from the Instinct and I have NO problems with what THIS phone (my Evo) will allow me to do. You just have to look around and learn it. BTW this is all with the stock Sense UI. Someone will have to come up with something pretty extraordinary to get me away from my Evo!

Aburgthing (lurker since 6/4/10 :) )

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones