• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Copy & Paste

Mazz65

Lurker
Aug 25, 2010
I have a DroidX with version 2.1. I cannot figure out how to do a copy and paste from an email (comcast email not Gmail) I received. Is there a
way to do this. With my last phone Storm2 I hit menu and picked "select"
touched the screen and highlighted the text i wanted to copy then menu/copy and paste.

It bites, but it looks like you cannot copy/paste from the Universal Inbox or any email Messaging account. I tried going to the Comcast.com website and accessing email from there, but it's tedious at best. It uses flash and if you don't have 2.2 and flash on the X, I'd stay away from it. I did check Hotmail's website and it worked fine for copy/paste. So if you have a Hotmail account, you could forward an email to it and browse to the Hotmail website. This solution isn't perfect, simple, or elegant...but it works.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones