• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Mikeymaestro

Nov 27, 2010
I am trying to figure out how to copy text from a gmail email not using the gmail app. When the email opens it gives me the option to copy all the text that's visible on the screen. However if the email is a long one that doesn't fit entirely in the screen and requires you to scroll I can't figure out how to select it all.

The blackberry was super easy at this. I need HELP!!!!!!!

My mistake sorry, I did mean the gmail app.

What I had meant was copy and pasting from the app not the browser. It came out wrong.

Ok, I was really confused. So while viewing your email, press menu then choose More. Choose select text. Press on the screen where you want to start and drag til the end. You don't get a chance to adjust what you select, which kind of sucks, but it will highlight the text so you know if you have to try again. As soon as you lift you finger off the screen the text is copied to your clipboard.

Upvote 0
Ok, I was really confused. So while viewing your email, press menu then choose More. Choose select text. Press on the screen where you want to start and drag til the end. You don't get a chance to adjust what you select, which kind of sucks, but it will highlight the text so you know if you have to try again. As soon as you lift you finger off the screen the text is copied to your clipboard.

Thanks for replying, but this is my problem. I understand everything you said do far but my problem is if its a long email you can only highlight the text that's visible in the viewable area of the screen. I'm wanting to know how to copy. The whole long email. Try it to see what I mean. Try to copy text from a looong email.

Is there a workaround for this? .

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones