1. Check out our companion app, Forums for Android! Download from Google Play

Copy phone numbers

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by dnorthut, Dec 7, 2009.

1. dnorthut

dnorthut New Member

Dec 7, 2009
    When I get a message or e-mail, I can scroll to, or tap on a phone number to highlight it, and long press the highlighted phone number to display a menu that allows me to Copy Text. However, no text is actually copied to the clipboard - I can't paste the text to a contact, etc.

Anyone else notice this?

Advertisement

2. lekky

lekky Lover

Haven't tried it as I don't have any email/sms with a phone number in, I'd be interested if anyone else has this issue though? Have you tried pasting it into a new message on the email/sms app? Also let us know what happens if you copy, then close the email/sms, reopen and paste

3. dnorthut

dnorthut New Member

Dec 7, 2009
    Nothing is available to paste. This sems like a bug in either the Android core functionality or HTC Sense?

4. JimR123

JimR123 Well-Known Member

Nov 15, 2009
    UK
    Yeah, I noticed that too. Really annoying as it was the first thing I wanted to copy!

5. dnorthut

dnorthut New Member

Dec 7, 2009
    I'm pretty new to Android, and my HTC Hero. Where is the most appropriate place to report this problem?

6. MartinS

MartinS Well-Known Member

After selecting "copy text" you have to drag to highlight the text you want.

7. dnorthut

dnorthut New Member

Dec 7, 2009
    The only option I'm given is 'Copy' - the phone number is already highlighted for me.

This works in Gmail - it does not work in Mail.

Tags: