• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Copy Protected Apps

It appears that copy protected apps are now available for us Eris users who have the leaked versions. :) Just thought I'd let you know. So, if you went to a leaked version and miss those apps that suddenly disappeared from the Market, go check to see if they are there.

If this is true, then that could be a very good sign that the OTA is coming. At least I think so....maybe....I have no idea what the hell I'm saying.

Upvote 0
Honestly, I'm not sure if it's that the leak v3 is allowing us to see these, or if the developers relaxed their hold on the copy protection since they realized that so many people have jumped on the leaks and/or rooted their phones. It doesn't do the developers much good to have copy protected apps if a large portion of users can't get access to them. I had several apps that I was interested in, that weren't showing up in the Market while running v2. I saw all the hullabaloo about v3 and access to apps, so last night I updated. Got the v3 zip file, Factory Reset my Eris, *228, volume down/power boot, ran through the setup, Eris setup, *228 again, just to be sure, and I STILL don't have access to the apps I wanted, and actually, have LESS access to apps at this point. (For instance, now I can't find Hoccer anywhere on the Marketplace). Anyone have any ideas?

Upvote 0
Honestly, I'm not sure if it's that the leak v3 is allowing us to see these, or if the developers relaxed their hold on the copy protection since they realized that so many people have jumped on the leaks and/or rooted their phones. It doesn't do the developers much good to have copy protected apps if a large portion of users can't get access to them. I had several apps that I was interested in, that weren't showing up in the Market while running v2. I saw all the hullabaloo about v3 and access to apps, so last night I updated. Got the v3 zip file, Factory Reset my Eris, *228, volume down/power boot, ran through the setup, Eris setup, *228 again, just to be sure, and I STILL don't have access to the apps I wanted, and actually, have LESS access to apps at this point. (For instance, now I can't find Hoccer anywhere on the Marketplace). Anyone have any ideas?

Hoccer is showing in the Marketplace for me. Not sure how to help you here.

Upvote 0

you would be surprised at how insignificant the number of leaked eris users are when compared to the total eris population. IMO i dont think it would make that much difference to the developers bottom-line to unprotect their apps. it actually might hurt more than help considering it makes it easier to pirate them. ... btw i have hoccer in my marketplace (2.1 leak 3)

Upvote 0
I looked again this morning, and Hoccer is back... odd. Last night it did the search and then "We can't find this" page several times. However, still not able to find one app I'm REALLY looking for, and that's djstudio by beatronik. Even when scanning their QR code from their website, I get a not found page. "There are no matches in Android Market for the search : pname:com.beatronik.djstudio" Ah well... maybe I'm just not meant to have it. lol

Upvote 0
I looked again this morning, and Hoccer is back... odd. Last night it did the search and then "We can't find this" page several times. However, still not able to find one app I'm REALLY looking for, and that's djstudio by beatronik. Even when scanning their QR code from their website, I get a not found page. "There are no matches in Android Market for the search : pname:com.beatronik.djstudio" Ah well... maybe I'm just not meant to have it. lol

I can find djstudio. I'm on v3

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones