1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Support "Copy to Clipboard" option gone?

Discussion in 'Android Help' started by guy48065, Mar 20, 2016.

1. guy48065

guy48065 Well-Known Member
    None

Jan 12, 2014
    My apologies if this has been asked recently but I'm not sure if it's an OS issue or is phone-specific.

I'm used to inserting images into my emails by using "Copy to Clipboard" from the Share menu in Gallery. Now it's gone. I have an S5 on AT&T running 5.1.1.
    The phone recently installed a large update but I don't know what it updated--I had 5.1.1 before.

Now how do I insert an image inline to an already-started message?

Advertisement

2. Hadron

Hadron  
    VIP Member

Aug 9, 2010
    Spacecorp Test Pilot
    Dimension Jumping
    The large update could all have been carrier apps, or an security update, or lots of things: not all updates change the OS version.

I don't have an S5 so can't comment on, but suspect it's a system thing (though it could have been a change to the gallery app). None of the gallery apps on my phone have this option.

Obviously you can attach the image, but I assume that's not what you want. If selecting to share by email puts it inline in a new message then you could copy the text from your started message into that, as a way of working around, but it may just attach it to a new email anyway - that's what it does with my phone/email app combination. So I'm not sure whether there is a way of doing this if attaching isn't good enough.

3. guy48065

guy48065 Well-Known Member
    None

Jan 12, 2014
    Thank you. I think I'll try the at&t store and see if they can explain the disappearance.

My working life is a little too much about "work-arounds". I really don't like to have many of them creep into the rest of my life, too ;-)