1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Copying activation codes in text messages SMS

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Sonnybe, Mar 1, 2019.

1. Sonnybe

Sonnybe Lurker

I was a long time Xiaomi user but now I am back to Samsung Galaxy A7 but now I am facing an annoying issue copying activation code from text messages.

For example I got an activation code via sms and activation code is 123-456 so phone hyper link this number and when you click on number it gives you the option to open with... ''Phone'' . ''Whatsapp'' this is actually not a phone number so I dont want to open it with these apps. When I long press on the 123-456 I get the copy option but that copies the whole text message rather than the only activation code ''123-456''

Can you please let me know if there is any solution this that I am missing ? I am galaxy A7 2018 user.

I am attaching the screenshot of what I want to copy :)

Thanks

Attached Files:

• sms.png
      sms.png
      File size:
      32 KB
      Views:

2. dontpanicbobby

dontpanicbobby 100% That Guy
    VIP Member

Just type it in the field, Don't copy it in.

3. Sonnybe

Sonnybe Lurker

This is not a solution I am looking for but thanks anyway , and sometimes this codes can be longer which is hard to keep in mind or jump from page to other.

4. Dannydet

Dannydet Extreme Android User

Most text messages will only copy the entire text. You'll need to omit the stuff you do not want

5. mikedt

mikedt 你好

Maybe try a different messaging app?

In my Huawei the stock messaging app gives me an option to copy the code number, rather than just trying to dial the number with the phone app.

Dannydet likes this.

Galaxy A7 (2018) Forum

The Galaxy A7 (2018) release date was October 2018. Features and Specs include a 6.0" inch screen, 24MP camera, 4/6GB RAM, Exynos 7885 processor, and 3300mAh battery.

October 2018
Release Date
Reviews