• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Copying From Galaxy S7 to S7

Willum0806

May 4, 2020
Hi,
Can someone please recommend a program to reliably copy everything including Whatsapp messages
from a Samsung Galaxy S7 to another Galaxy S7...
I would like to carry out this operation either directly from my original Galaxy S7 to Second Galaxy S7 via a suitable USB link cable , or from original Galaxy S7 to my Laptop (Windows 10) and then from my Laptop to my second Galaxy S7

Thank you and Kind Regards

Willum08

Use the backup function that's a feature in the WhatsApp app on your phone. WhatsApp is a proprietary texting service that relies on its own closed source protocols. Use the app itself to make a backup of your WhatsApp chats on your old S7, then use the WhatsApp app on your new S7 to do the restore from that backup.

Or use Samsung's Smart Switch utility to do a comprehensive backup, and that includes WhatsApp data. That will backup your old S7's entire user account data and then you use Smart Switch to transfer your user account to your new S7. But even if you weren't transferring your account data between these two phones, you be using Smart Switch anyway to make periodic backups. It's important to do so, smartphones are not reliable for long term archiving.

Upvote 0
Since they are both Samsung phones, you can use their official tool Samsung Smart Switch. About the details, you can search online. And you can also use Google account to sync your data to your Google account. When you log in to this account from any device, all of this data can be directly accessed and transferred. Please remeber that data include calendar events, contacts, passwords of Wi-Fi and other networks, wallpapers, Gmail settings, phone settings, and app data is supported. If you want to transfer media data like photos, videos, music, etc, you can try mobile transfer tool.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones