• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Copying images

Beejayeff

Dec 27, 2010
I'm off travelling soon and am expecting to take loads of photos and videos on my DSLR camera, which uses a full size SD card. I'd like to be able to transfer those image files onto a portable hard drive, but don't want to take a laptop with me. Is there any way I can use my Desire to do this in one step (i.e. not copying to the phone's micro-SD card and then off again, which would take forever) ? Presumably there's no way of splitting the USB connection to serve two devices, or using Bluetooth to transfer files ?

If you can get a lead with the right plug at each end (camera <-> phone) you *might* be able to mount the camera as a drive on your phone using the console. I don't know enough about how much Android differs from standard Linux to know for sure though.Sorting out the lead could be the most difficult part, though if you have a USB extension lead hanging about you could try it.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones