1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Copying images

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Beejayeff, Sep 22, 2011.

1. Beejayeff

Beejayeff Newbie

I'm off travelling soon and am expecting to take loads of photos and videos on my DSLR camera, which uses a full size SD card. I'd like to be able to transfer those image files onto a portable hard drive, but don't want to take a laptop with me. Is there any way I can use my Desire to do this in one step (i.e. not copying to the phone's micro-SD card and then off again, which would take forever) ? Presumably there's no way of splitting the USB connection to serve two devices, or using Bluetooth to transfer files ?

Advertisement

2. SiHa

SiHa Android Enthusiast

Can't see how you could do it with the phone TBH. You need something like a Hyperdrive, but they don't come cheap. Either that or rely on internet caf

3. adskankster

adskankster Well-Known Member

If you can get a lead with the right plug at each end (camera <-> phone) you *might* be able to mount the camera as a drive on your phone using the console. I don't know enough about how much Android differs from standard Linux to know for sure though.Sorting out the lead could be the most difficult part, though if you have a USB extension lead hanging about you could try it.

4. micktee28

micktee28 Member

You could use your micro sd with an adapter in your camera then just put that back into your phone when you need to transfer them.

Edit - sorry I think I misunderstood the question.

Tags: