• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

App Inventor Cordova OBB Expansion file not moved to external storage

BobAchgill

Lurker
Apr 20, 2018
I am making an app using the Cordova plugin cordova-plugin-xapkreader to add large media OBB expansion file support. I added the "necessary" line to the config.xml in order to allow the app to prefer being stored on the external storage SD.

The subject problem occurs when I try to use the app storage setting menu on my S7 to move my app from internal to external storage the gas gage appears like it is moving the app but when I look with a file manager there is no OBB expansion file on the extSD. The app storage settings indicator does CHANGE from internal to external. Yet, the app is still using the internal OBB expansion file. How do I know? If I rename the internal OBB app folder name it breaks the operation of the app using the expansion file data.

Am I missing something in order to allow the user to move the app + OBB expansion file to the external storage?

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones