1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Cordy!!!

Discussion in 'Android Apps & Games' started by Wingnut, Feb 26, 2011.

1. Wingnut

Wingnut Well-Known Member
    None

Apr 6, 2010

Advertisement

Shocky, xmr405o and ogrenator like this.
  2. ogrenator

ogrenator Android Enthusiast
    None

May 9, 2010
    good find looks cool

3. dguy

dguy Android Expert
    None

Jun 9, 2010
    Male
    Looks cool but it's Android 2.3 only. The waiting game continues

4. KHeeney5

KHeeney5 Member
    None

Jul 7, 2010
    Out for 2.1 and 2.2 now. :)

5. holgalee

holgalee Well-Known Member
    None

Nov 23, 2010
    I've downloaded it and it's cute! Graphics are really nice.... Just can't tell whether it's for kids or adults, but a fun, 'stress-less' game.

6. holgalee

holgalee Well-Known Member
    None

Nov 23, 2010
    Cordy just got updated with new levels. Check it out!

P.S: The opening scene is now different and presents 2 doors (for levels 1 & 2). To get to each door you need to jump up the platform and enter the door by pressing on the enter door icon. Took me a while to figure out! :p

7. daveloft

daveloft Android Enthusiast
    None

May 26, 2010
    Toronto, Canada
    It's an impressive game, I'm surprised they're not charging for it as it looks like an expensive game to produce to give away for free.

8. EightRooks

EightRooks Well-Known Member
    None

Dec 17, 2010
    Yeah, I'll add my vote for this. Looks and sounds gorgeous, fun to play, nice balance between messing around and actually playing for skill. Excellent little game so far. Struggles with full graphics on my ageing Desire, but it's playable, and I'm impressed they've even added that option - strong art design means it still looks pretty good on the low setting, too. I would pay for this like a shot. At free, anyone who can run it should be downloading it.

9. jm503

jm503 Lurker
    None

Mar 12, 2011
    Man I just came across this game myself recently and beat the given levels quick but now they just updated with around 6 new doors to go through. I love it and really can't belive that such a well made and polished game like this isn't a paid app. Honestly I would paid for it. Thumbs up. 5 stars.

10. bigbadwulff

bigbadwulff Android Expert
    None

Jun 15, 2010
    Finally! A game with touch controls that ...............WORK!
    Great graphics.

11. hydralisk

hydralisk Well-Known Member
    None

Sep 23, 2010
    web designer and developer
    Philleh
    I freakin love it. This is the 2nd platformer I've ever played for a phone that didn't make me feel dirty.

12. CRAZYISH

CRAZYISH Well-Known Member
    None

Feb 23, 2010
    upstate ny
    great game

13. Dolma07

Dolma07 Newbie
    None

Jul 19, 2010
    Amazing game

14. EightRooks

None

Dec 17, 2010
    Bump to remind people in-app purchases are now live on this. The DLC costumes are madness IMO - they're cute and all, but who on earth would pay 99c for a colour change, let alone $9.99 (!) for a new outfit? Still, no-one's forcing me to buy them and at least some are free - you get one for finishing each of the existing worlds.

Anyway, I would say the new level pack is more or less worth it if you buy the bundle deal. Polished, looks good, some pretty big levels, swinging is nothing new but it's done really well. On the whole I am cautiously optimistic about the whole thing: yes, $4.99 for six new levels is more than most paid apps, but pretty much no other paid apps on the Android store look this good. I just hope they keep some of the DLC free, and that they don't end up releasing $100 worth of levels over time or something ludicrous like that. Fingers crossed.

15. MitchPhoenix

MitchPhoenix Newbie
    None

Mar 29, 2011
    i just did an update and the new levels are paid :( i kinda figured that would happen. i guess it was to good to keep being free

16. Pushwall

Pushwall Well-Known Member
    None

Aug 12, 2010
    SouthWest Ohio
    Yes I won't be buying any costumes or hats. It's a good idea but the pricing is so outrageous I can't see where anyone would buy them. I could see some players paying $.99 to get them all as a bundle, but it's a no for me. However I can see paying for new levels if they are really good. I just bought the Balloon World levels so if they are REALLY good then I might consider buying more when they come out. I'll play through them and see.

17. EightRooks

None

Dec 17, 2010
    Played all but the last of the Balloon World levels and I would say they're worth it. I think. Hard to say given it's that much more expensive than most other Android DLC, but they're just as good or better than the ones already in the game. The only real downer is my phone (stock Desire on 2.2) simply cannot handle HD graphics turned on for most of them - they're that much bigger and there's more visible of the level at any one time it turns things into a slideshow every other minute. Still, I'm impressed the devs built in the ability to switch from low to high detail and back, and the menu always comes up straight away no matter how badly the game's running, so it's not that big a problem.

I would buy more level packs at a bundle price, but I hope they don't go crazy sticking out a ton of them, and it would be a decent gesture if they kept some of them free. We'll see, I guess.

Partly I feel like I ought to give the devs some money to show them not everyone's like the whining little sods on the Market at the moment. The comments make me ashamed to be an Android owner, quite honestly - putting ads in your game doesn't magically make enough money for everyone, idiots, and the devs did not say the game was always going to be completely free, now and forever. They were saying there were going to be paid levels since ages ago. If you don't want to pay anything, go back to Angry Birds and leave the rest of us in peace.

Pushwall likes this.