1. Check out our companion app, Forums for Android! Download from Google Play

Corporate email, Exchange, got it working

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by wudwork, Sep 24, 2010.

1. wudwork

wudwork Member

Sep 14, 2010
    I tried Froyo to setup Exchange email and could not get it working. I could not get Touchdown to work either until I discovered my Microsoft ISA server, in front of my Exchange 2003 server, was not setup right. Once I got that setup ISA Server 2004: Supporting Both Basic and Forms-based Authentication with a Single External IP Address and Web Listener (v1.1) the sync started working great!

The benefits of Touchdown are immense and I am no longer interested in Froyo handling of Exchange email. I am an IT guy and will recommend this program to all my android folks.

HTH, Tom

Advertisement

2. colchiro

colchiro Well-Known Member

Jun 4, 2010
    Male
    Web developer/IT
    There's 3 of us at work with X's, all using the native email client with Exchange 2007. Everything works fine for me, but does take awhile to sync if I change email folders. I tried Touchdown once and couldn't see paying for it, especially when it still fired off a "Droid" every time an email came in, even when the phone was set to vibrate-only. I'm also IT.

3. wudwork

wudwork Member

Sep 14, 2010
    "Fired off a droid" ?? My Touchdown does NOT do that, not sure what setting I adjusted. I am very picky about different folders and contact lists that I want to sync. Perhaps Froyo will accommodate but I took the easy way out. Its somewhat assuring that your Froyo is working. What about remote wipe ? Also, the Touchdown has an export feature where I can setup my users by importing the settings. There is not that much to input but ....

Thanx, Tom

4. colchiro

colchiro Well-Known Member

Jun 4, 2010
    Male
    Web developer/IT
    By "droid", I mean the default sound.

It worked fine for me with 2.1 as well. I don't know what issues caused Verizon to issue Touchdown licenses, but they were out by the time I found out about it.