• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Corporate Store Price vs, VZW Online Price?

Lightninrod

Dec 7, 2009
Warner Robins, GA
I've been researching phones for my first smart phone for about 6 months. I've almost decided on the Droid X. I think I will buy it at the one year price.

On line, the one year contract price is $269.99. I stopped in at my local corp. store just a few minutes ago and their price for a one year contract on a Droid X was $319.99, $50.00 more:eek:. This was just the phone, no accessories added. They told me that the $269.99 was a special on line price and I told them it was a system-wide price.

Who's right and is this normal and I just didn't know it or are they trying to rip off an old man?

I have noticed that you can get a better deal from VZW online. I bought my Droid X for $140 ($199 price, -$50 online discount, then I used a promo code I found online for an extra 10% off.) Plus the rebate was instant no mail in. To me it was worth it to wait overnight and get the phone. I did pay $8 for expedited shipping, but I ordered at 3pm local time and had it waiting at work for me when I got in the next morning.

Upvote 0
I've been researching phones for my first smart phone for about 6 months. I've almost decided on the Droid X. I think I will buy it at the one year price.

On line, the one year contract price is $269.99. I stopped in at my local corp. store just a few minutes ago and their price for a one year contract on a Droid X was $319.99, $50.00 more:eek:. This was just the phone, no accessories added. They told me that the $269.99 was a special on line price and I told them it was a system-wide price.

Who's right and is this normal and I just didn't know it or are they trying to rip off an old man?

Online prices are almost always cheaper.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones