1. Check out our companion app, Forums for Android! Download from Google Play

Corporate Store Price vs, VZW Online Price?

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Lightninrod, Jul 20, 2010.

1. Lightninrod

Lightninrod Well-Known Member

Dec 7, 2009
    Male
    Retired stock broker
    Warner Robins, GA
    I've been researching phones for my first smart phone for about 6 months. I've almost decided on the Droid X. I think I will buy it at the one year price.

On line, the one year contract price is $269.99. I stopped in at my local corp. store just a few minutes ago and their price for a one year contract on a Droid X was $319.99, $50.00 more:eek:. This was just the phone, no accessories added. They told me that the $269.99 was a special on line price and I told them it was a system-wide price.

Who's right and is this normal and I just didn't know it or are they trying to rip off an old man?

Advertisement

2. Theibault

Theibault Well-Known Member

Nov 15, 2009
    Colorado Springs
    Online price and store price are the same, $199.99. The difference is instant rebate online versus mail in in store (which only takes 2 weeks from my experience). You may have a NE2 credit of $50 if you are upgrading as an existing customer.

3. ReJe75

ReJe75 Well-Known Member

Jan 7, 2010
    I have noticed that you can get a better deal from VZW online. I bought my Droid X for $140 ($199 price, -$50 online discount, then I used a promo code I found online for an extra 10% off.) Plus the rebate was instant no mail in. To me it was worth it to wait overnight and get the phone. I did pay $8 for expedited shipping, but I ordered at 3pm local time and had it waiting at work for me when I got in the next morning.

4. gvillager

gvillager Well-Known Member

Jun 30, 2010
    NYC
    Online prices are almost always cheaper.

5. cornflwr33

cornflwr33 Well-Known Member

Jul 20, 2010
    Maine
    online prices are cheaper.. .like the others said becuase you don't have to worry about the MIR. the rebate is included in the price :)

6. dequardo

dequardo Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2009
    Check also to see if you happen to have an employer discount plan with VZW. I got my X for $229 on a 1-year plan. Savings of $40 versus regular online price.