1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Support Corporate Sync: Contacts pictures

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by HaroldMe, Jan 8, 2012.

1. HaroldMe

HaroldMe Lurker
    None

Jan 8, 2012
    HI there,

I have just bought a Motorola Razr because my Galaxy S2 does not sync multiple calendars from one exchange account and the Razr does.

However, the Razr does not sync the pictures of my contacts which are on the exchange server. iOS, WP7 and the Galaxy S2 sync them.
    I have read, that this is a problem of Motorolas contact app. However, are there any news on that? I'd like to keep an Android device because I like the openess of the system. But as none of these work flawlessly with exchange, I'm about to change to iOS. :(

Thank you!

Advertisement

2. Szadzik

Szadzik Android Expert
    None

Feb 15, 2010
    Male
    FAS Admin
    I have never done it, but maybe you could try to first sync the pictures to Outlook and then sync Outlook with your Razr and that would get the pictures onto the phone?

I know there was a thread about this here, but I cannot remember if it was solved. Do a search.

3. HaroldMe

HaroldMe Lurker
    None

Jan 8, 2012
    Yes, I read the thread, but there was no solution suggested. But as some here on the forum said, he/she wanted to ask Motorola, I thought, perhaps there are some news.

Syncing with Outlook first is no option for me, because I depend on the wireless syncing mode.

4. jrowlings

jrowlings Well-Known Member
    None

Jun 3, 2010
    Male
    San Francisco
    I've not heard any update that the native app will sync pics. Third party apps TOUCHDOWN and ENHANCED MAIL do sync pics. I love TD, using it for email well before getting my Razr. I'm not a fan of TD's or EM's contacts or calendar UI, so I use EM just to handle the sync of contacts and calendar, and actually use GOContacts and Business Calendar as my contacts and calendar programs. Lots of people hare happy just with TD... I really want text in my monthly calendar view.

5. Szadzik

Szadzik Android Expert
    None

Feb 15, 2010
    Male
    FAS Admin
    What I meant by sincing with Outlook first is to sync ONCE so that pictures get onto your phone and then when you have them kep syincing wirelessly.

6. BullyDawg

BullyDawg Member
    None

Nov 14, 2011
    I understand it is a known Android issue that Outlook contact photos will not sync to the phone's contacts.

Here is my workaround:

Install "GO Contact Sync Mod" (LINK) on your desktop to sync Exchange/Outlook contacts with Google contacts. This will sync your Outlook contact pictures to Google contacts. Then set up your Razr to sync phone contacts with Google contacts, not Exchange/Outlook contacts.

You will need to either manually sync in the future when contact info changes, or set GO Contact Sync Mod and Google contacts to sync automatically.