• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root correct ##GPSCLRX# code??

I'm trying to fix the GPS on my Evo 4G.

According to this page: [EVO] CyanogenMod 7, GPS fix,PRLs and HTC Sense : Android

The GPS code is: ##GPSCLRX# (##4772579#)

And then according to this page: CM7 GPS - Page 2 - xda-developers

The GPS code is: ##4118513# (##GPSCLRX#)

What gives? Why are there 2 different codes??

this is the one i've used and given to everyone else....worked for me and a bunch others that have used it...

xda-developers - View Single Post - [INFO/FAQ] Unofficial Cyanogen Mod Nightly (6/6 - I'm taking my ball and going home!)

Reactions: AndroidSPCS
Upvote 0
I'm trying to fix the GPS on my Evo 4G.

According to this page: [EVO] CyanogenMod 7, GPS fix,PRLs and HTC Sense : Android

The GPS code is: ##GPSCLRX# (##4772579#)

And then according to this page: CM7 GPS - Page 2 - xda-developers

The GPS code is: ##4118513# (##GPSCLRX#)

What gives? Why are there 2 different codes??

i have always used the first one. i have never seen the second one. the reason the code is ##gpsclrx# is that you follow the numbers according to what the dial says. and it spells out ##4772579#. not sure where that other code came from.

Upvote 0
Thanks. I tried the second code and it didn't do anything. If you google it you will see some have reported using it here. But it doesn't correlate to the letters, so who knows where that came from... :thinking:

I can't get my GPS working in CM7. I had it working previously in CM7. I restored to my previous nandroid where GPS was working, but it no longer works.

I tried the GPSCLRX trick and it didn't work. I also had previously replaced the gps.supersonic.so file and that worked in the past, it no longer works.

I am running CM7 stable build 7.0.3.1 ... very frustrating it no longer works. :(

Upvote 0
Thanks. I tried the second code and it didn't do anything. If you google it you will some have reported using it here. But it doesn't correlate to the letters, so who knows where that came from... :thinking:

I can't get my GPS working in CM7. I had it working previously in CM7. I restored to my previous nandroid where GPS was working, but it no longer works.

I tried the GPSCLRX trick and it didn't work. I also had previously replaced the gps.supersonic.so file and that worked in the past, it no longer works.

I am running CM7 stable build 7.0.3.1 ... very frustrating it no longer works. :(

what rom did you try the fix on? i always use fresh with no issues.

Upvote 0
what rom did you try the fix on? i always use fresh with no issues.
I restored to my old stock HTC Sense ROM back in March of this year, running Froyo. GPS worked in the restored ROM after GPSCLRX, and when I nandroided back to my CM7 ROM, it no longer worked.

These last few days have been pretty tough for me - my Evo 3D crashed, I had to do a factory reset and lost all data. And then the 16GB SD card in the Evo 3D got corrupted after the factory reset and I seem to have lost all data on that too (tried chkdsk, recuva software to recover files, etc). And now my Evo 4G won't have a working GPS. *SIGH*.

On to trying to root my Evo 3D. :(

If you have any other ideas on the GPS issue, I'd really appreciate it.

Upvote 0
I restored to my old stock HTC Sense ROM back in March of this year, running Froyo. GPS worked in the restored ROM after GPSCLRX, and when I nandroided back to my CM7 ROM, it no longer worked.

These last few days have been pretty tough for me - my Evo 3D crashed, I had to do a factory reset and lost all data. And then the 16GB SD card in the Evo 3D got corrupted after the factory reset and I seem to have lost all data on that too (tried chkdsk, recuva software to recover files, etc). And now my Evo 4G won't have a working GPS. *SIGH*.

On to trying to root my Evo 3D. :(

If you have any other ideas on the GPS issue, I'd really appreciate it.

try this fix. i heard of this i have not tried it:[FIX] [AOSP] Easiest GPS and VVM Fixes - xda-developers

Reactions: AndroidSPCS
Upvote 0
Upvote 0
Thanks for posting the link. Seriously it's a great driver. I sat side be side with a friend of mine running mikg and I could lock to 1 or 2 meters and he locked to like 3 or 4 meters. Bye bye aosp GPS issues!

is this something that you have to flash each time you flash a rom? do you know if the drivers stick so that wiping does not wipe the driver as well?

Upvote 0
Find the GPS fix thread in the xda development section by galandy. Download the qualcomm 1.1 driver and flash in recovery. My GPS locks now better than it ever did on sense. The gpsclr trick is outdated.

ah yes i forgot about thatone. i have not tried that one yet. i believe that this is the thread:[FIX][AOSP][MIUI] All GPS fixes! - xda-developers
THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU!!!!!!!

That new GPS driver worked awesome!!!! :D:D

I had given up in despair, after trying the GPSCLRX numerous times, and the having no luck. The new qualcomm 1.1 driver instantly fixed the problem!!!

As soon as I applied it, and rebooted, turned on GPS (which couldn't be turned on even though I selected GPS on before), got an INSTANT lock on GPS satellites, within my house. WOW!

You guys are AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

As far as I know, if you flash a new ROM, you need to re-flash the driver. So even if you're just flashing a new nightly of CM7 and just wiping cache and dalvik, you would still need to re-flash the GPS driver.
Thanks - the particularly perplexing problem for me was that I was not flashing a new ROM, just restoring a nandroid where GPS had been working, and nothing I did could fix the GPS, until I applied the new Qualcom v1.1 driver. *FINGERS CROSSED* it works well for a long long long time!

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones