• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Correct password not accepted, phone locked, need help

Hi guys.

Good day to you all.

I badly need your help. Last Sunday evening my phone usually requests password every 72 hours as per android feature so that you will not forget your password.

Now I have been doing this for the past 3 months with the same password but after 10+ attempts my phone is not accepting my correct password. It is locked and unable to access via google find my device.

I did not change my password and even have it written on an online notes platform.

Please help guys, I dont want to format my phone because I have lots of work files stored in it.

Also USB debugging is not activated on my phone. I tried searching online but could not find anything.

Is there a way to retrieve my data or unlock my phone without factory resetting it? Thanks guys and happy holidays.

Hi guys.

Good day to you all.

I badly need your help. Last Sunday evening my phone usually requests password every 72 hours as per android feature so that you will not forget your password.

Now I have been doing this for the past 3 months with the same password but after 10+ attempts my phone is not accepting my correct password. It is locked and unable to access via google find my device.

I did not change my password and even have it written on an online notes platform.

Please help guys, I dont want to format my phone because I have lots of work files stored in it.

Also USB debugging is not activated on my phone. I tried searching online but could not find anything.

Is there a way to retrieve my data or unlock my phone without factory resetting it? Thanks guys and happy holidays.
i do not think this is an android thing. my samsung z fold 4 does ask for a pin code that i setup initially even though i have it set to unlock via fingerprint. but it is not every 72 hours. it is like once every 2 weeks or so.

this might be an oppo thing, but i never owned one so i can't say for sure.

have you tried just rebooting the phone? if you can't unlock the phone with your password, then i am afraid that you do not have a lot of options. you can google how to bypass a lockscreen, but it is frowned upon in this forum to discuss it here. just be careful as some of them are scams.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
I've never heard of an android feature that requests a password input every 72 hours.
That's your problem right there.
I hate to say it, but I'm thinking your Gmail account is hacked by this app, which in turn is locked you out of the device because they've already changed the password.....

the 72 hour thing is an in-built feature of Oppo and have been like that if you are using alphanumeric password. Same thing with my Huawei phone. Samsung don't have that one.

Reactions: AugieTN
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones