1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

"corrupt" mybackup Pro DATA file

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by jgirone, Feb 9, 2014.

1. jgirone

jgirone Lurker
    None

Oct 23, 2011
    On switching to a new phone, previously using Android 4.1 or 4.2, the backup DATA file from the first phone(the backup was completely uneventful & "successful") would not restore on a new phone (Samsung Galaxy Note3), after accepting the update to Vers. 4.3 that was uneventfully installed, almost immediately upon the phone's activation.

Initially, MB pro was installed from the "cloud" that Verizon Backup assistant uses, but I tried a reinstall (after uninstalling) MB Pro and still the same error, with 2 different DATA backups done on 2 different SD card (16MB & 32 MB). Initially, the file begins to unzip, but stops once the complete file is read with the error message "unable to unzip the file, the file is corrupt"

Multiple tries to fix the "corrupt file", that is 52.9 MB! using >5 repair utilities, were unsuccessful, and some listed the file as empty but others indicated data was present.

Can anyone help?? I have an older Droid 2, but its inactive. Can MB pro be downloaded & installed from a PC?

My original phone had to be reformatted to be turned in for the Verizon rebate (what a mistake!!) Please help!

Joe G.:(:thinking:

Advertisement

2. Rukbat

Rukbat Android Expert
    None

Jan 16, 2012
    Male
    Being retired and writing Tasker tasks.
    Fayetteville, NC, USA
    If the file is corrupted, try PKZIPFIX. Click the download button.

If PKZIPFIX can't fix the file, it can't be fixed. (Phill Katz, who invented the zip format, also wrote PKZIPFIX.) If it's a corrupted directory it can usually be fixed. (It can usually be fixed by hand if you want to waste a few hours of tedious but simple work.) If the dictionaries or the data itself are corrupt, there's no way to guess at what they should have been.

That's why backup files should always be tested when they're first made. If they won't restore then, they won't restore later.