1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Support Corrupted GMail account

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by TGIX, Apr 21, 2011.

1. TGIX

TGIX Lurker
    None

Jun 30, 2010
    Everything was going haywire - apps force quitting nonstop. Android Market would fail to download successfully every time. After HOURS of searching I FINALLY found one post that said the GMail account might be corrupted and to create another one, so I did - EVERYTHING was Good Again! Everything except my paid app downloads (which, at this point I would almost Gladly pay for again since there were so few of those compared to all else). I just wonder if there is a way to get them back. I still have the corrupted GMail account, still was able to add it and get sync for calendar/contacts. It just doesn't access the Market, or maybe there is a way to do that I don't know of? Anyone? Can I set the phone to go to the Market under that old account? I'm thinking it may work again but don't know how to make the switch without deleting the new GMail account (and then possibly adding it back afterwards. I'm a little afraid to do that after having been up ALL night struggling with this matter and FINALLY getting the downloads to work again.

I'd also LOVE to know what could have corrupted the old GMail account and how to prevent it from ever happening again or how to fix it if possible in case I were ever so unfortunate to have this happen again.

Any/All suggestions or known remedies will be Gladly Appreciated!

Thanks in advance.

Advertisement

2. EarlyMon

EarlyMon The PearlyMon

Jun 10, 2010
    New Mexico, USA
    Personally, I'd back up everything, do a factory reset, and restore with the old gmail account.

3. iowabowtech

iowabowtech root@android:/ #

May 2, 2010
    Making the Establishment nervous
    Iowa|USA
  4. A.Nonymous

A.Nonymous Android Expert
    None

Jun 7, 2010
    This. Although I wouldn't take it that far to begin with. I'd just delete the settings and cache for the GMail account and log back in with the old one first. If that doesn't work, do the reset.