• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Corrupted images & videos??

rovon

Lurker
Jun 15, 2011
Okay so the problem kicked off with one of my recorded videos not being able to play and saying "unsupported file type" in the video player. Then, all my vids after that would not play then I could not longer view my pictures. For some of the pictures I can preview them in the gallery but they will not open full screen.

Okay so the problem kicked off with one of my recorded videos not being able to play and saying "unsupported file type" in the video player. Then, all my vids after that would not play then I could not longer view my pictures. For some of the pictures I can preview them in the gallery but they will not open full screen.

We've seen some success with repeated power cycling if the device.. that is, shut it down. Wait a minute. Power back up fully. Do it again a few more times, then check the SD card by going into Gallery or attempting to play a video.

Other possible remedy (this was my experience) is to empty Gallery altogether, everything. Clear data and cache in Gallery, then power cycle a time or two. It worked for me and the SD card never behaved as if corrupted again.

Those are both long shots, and presume that your SD card is ok, just having an issue with DCIM's relationship with Gallery, etc.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones