1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Corrupted IMEI

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by SCPadgeebar, Jan 3, 2013.

1. SCPadgeebar

SCPadgeebar Android Enthusiast

So last night I was flashing mods on my S2, and didn't notice I flashed them in the wrong order. I flashed the Patch first before the mod itself. When I rebooted, I cannot access the Settings and I don't have any signal and I get the No Service message. When I dialed *#06#, it says null / null. I do have a back up of my EFS folder here in my laptop, so how do I restore it? Just copy paste it or what?

Update: Thanks to CWM having an option to mount Internal Storage, I copied my CWM backup from Laptop to S2 and restored it. It covered the corrupted IMEI and restored the un-corrupted(you get what I mean) IMEI.

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. SCPadgeebar

Anyways, even if this is solved, how do you restore your IMEI from EFS Backup?

Do I just copy and paste the back up from PC to the root of the phone or do I have to do something else?

Just for future reference.

3. Shotgun84

Shotgun84 Extreme Android User

It depends how the backup was made. If you just copied it using root explorer or its the auto backup made by siyah, etc you will need to use adb to restore. I'm not entirely sure of the command lines to do this. I tried a few which others had said worked but they never did for me.

I'd say the easiest way would be to backup with ktool. You can then use the app to restore the backup if needed
    https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=net.hellcat.droiddev.ktool&hl=en

4. ironass

ironass Extreme Android User

You could also use GSII Repair, free from the Play Store, to backup and restore your efs file.

5. SCPadgeebar

Thanks guys! ;)

Samsung Galaxy S2 Forum

The Samsung Galaxy S2 release date was April 2011. Features and Specs include a 4.3" inch screen, 8MP camera, 1GB RAM, Exynos 4210 Dual processor, and 1650mAh battery.

April 2011
Release Date
Reviews