1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Support Corrupted Videos & Songs - Faulty SSD?

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by TheResoluteMin, Jan 14, 2012.

1. TheResoluteMin

None

Jan 14, 2012
    On a regular and random basis our DroidX's corrupt videos that have been taken. Not all of them, around 25% of vids. This has been happening since purchase (~Nov 2010).

I also noticed some issues after the SSD got filled up and then had around 2GB deleted to make space. After this happened pics and vids would not save and some vids and pics would have green or some other kind of "layer" over them. The original was not affected - if viewed on another device it was ok. This happened even after the 2GB of space was freed up.

It seems the latter has been resolved by a number of SSD dismount/mounts.

Songs get corrupted on a regular basis too. Part way through one, another will start for a while and then it goes back to the original. The other song seems to start in at the same distance into it as the original is in. eg at 12 mins 43 secs song 2 starts - but not from the beginning, from 12:43 into it. (Actually they are not songs they are audio book type recordings).

My guess is that it is an SSD issue however with all the reading I've done of forums etc I've not found anything definitive.

Has anyone worked these issues out? I'm sure they're common as both our DroidXs experience the same.

The DroidXs also seem to be running slow. I say "seem" because we have no hard figures, it's more that it seems we spend a lot more time waiting for things. I presume this is to do with SW but wonder if the SSD has something to do with it.

Advertisement

2. TheResoluteMin

None

Jan 14, 2012
    If it was the SSD then I would expect a lot more corruption. I wonder if it is the video recording software. I had a quick look for other video software and could only find players.

Does anyone know of a good video recording program for Android?