1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Cost of accessories

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Vehtemas, Sep 6, 2011.

1. Vehtemas

Vehtemas Android Expert

So, I can get $50 credit for accessories at a Verizon store, OR the special deal via Costco.

I have been trying to figure out which deal is better. for the $50 I am pretty sure I could get a car dock and the car charger which is all I really need... I also get VIP pricing, 20% off of the accessories.

So, thoughts? Which is the better deal cost wise?

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. xmr405o

xmr405o Android Expert

Don't forget tax. :D I think that's all I can say about that. I don't think anyone can beat costco's deal, right now...if you're a member.

3. Vehtemas

Vehtemas Android Expert

I am a member...

I just don't know how useful the car dock will be without the charger...

4. OutOfPhase

OutOfPhase Premium Member

I am trying to figure out the same thing. I have the $50 discount and the 20% discount also. I would use docking station, not the car dock, and maybe the extra battery. Does anyone know if the bionic uses the same car charger as the og droid, if so I think I am heading to Verizon.

5. johnlgalt

johnlgalt Antidisestablishmentarian

According to Yankee, all phones come with a car charger and a leather case, too. So, I think that pretty much makes up your mind, eh?

I've got the same corp discount as well, and the $50 discount - and you can bet your _____ I'm going to CostCo instead.

6. Vehtemas

Vehtemas Android Expert

Oooo, if this is the case then I probably will.

Granted I imagine the car charger is the same as the OG Droid so I could always use that one.

7. tehsusenoh

tehsusenoh Android Expert

The car mount plugs into the bottom, of the phone, so is probably form-fitted for the Bionic.

[​IMG]

Notice the hump at the bottom. I'd get an official one, unless of course the OG Droid one is big enough and doesn't slip. Money is money.

But I'll be getting it in a pack from Costco! :p

8. messenger13

messenger13 Android Expert

I'll be getting this one with the Costco deal. But I'm hoping this car dock is better than the one I bought from Verizon for the OG Droid. The quality was lackluster at best.

9. dmodert66

dmodert66 Android Expert

Quick note. He said car charger not car mount. :D

10. tehsusenoh

tehsusenoh Android Expert

These should be Motorola built. That means good!

11. YankeeDudeL

YankeeDudeL Android Expert

This is correct. All phones you purchase at Costco will come with a leather carrying case and car charger. The third is variable on the particular phone. Lately it's been screen protectors with touchscreen phones. You'll get that in addition to the bundle.

I know of at least two times Costco has done a similar deal. First with our beloved OG Droids, the second with last year's Samsung Fascinate (Galaxy S). Both times the accessories were OEM.

12. Vehtemas

Vehtemas Android Expert

Thanks man haha

13. dukenilnil

dukenilnil Member

What's the $50 credit for accessories or are you just referring to the NE2?

14. Vehtemas

Vehtemas Android Expert

It's some special deal my family line gets.

15. sx4dude2013

sx4dude2013 Android Expert

Official prices are up.
    Car mount $39.99
    laptopdock $299.97
    hdmi docking station pod thingy $99.99
    Lapdock adapter $29.99

Dont have phonedog up so thats all i could remember. Haha

Motorola Droid Bionic Forum

The Motorola Droid Bionic release date was September 2011. Features and Specs include a 4.3" inch screen, 8MP camera, 1GB RAM, TI OMAP 4430 processor, and 1735mAh battery.

September 2011
Release Date
Reviews