1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

General Could any N5 owners test something for me?

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by fullysearchabl, Jan 16, 2014.

1. fullysearchabl

None

Apr 18, 2012
    Hi,
    I have a mission for those willing to accept :p

I'm really interested in the N5 but I need to know if it allows third party apps full access to connected USB devices.

For instance my current phone can mount a memory stick but doesn't do what I need it to.

Basically I'm asking you to install an app called "USB Host Diagnostics". Then run a diagnostic (you'll need a usb device to connent) and tell me the results.

At the bottom of the app (once a diagnostic has been run) will be the apps verdict.

I've been to a store but there are only display models that aren't capable of installing apps.

Thank You

Advertisement

2. Hook

Hook Ever since DU... ;-)

Mar 17, 2010
    Male
    Northern VA, USA
    The Nexus 5 does have USB Host capability (USB-to-Go), however, you will only be able to use Nexus Media Importer with it unless you have root and can use a third part app like Stickmount.

Brian706 likes this.
  3. ritchea

ritchea Well-Known Member
    None

Nov 2, 2010
    south central Florida
    Post 1399 ( http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=2181820) might be of interest to you. What do you want your memory stick to do that if can't? I use stick mount and have read/write access to flash drives and have connected USB mouse with full use. I do have problems with USB card reader mounting. Ironically, it all worked with ziddey's mod on my N4.

4. fullysearchabl

None

Apr 18, 2012
    Thanks for reply. I would definitely be rooting any way.

However the reason I need USB OTG is to program the Arduino Micro Controller. So it would have to be that app alone that deals with the I/O.

Cheers

5. fullysearchabl

None

Apr 18, 2012
    Coincidence, replying at the same time. Thanks I'll have a look at the xda thread.

Tags: