• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help could Data Service Governor fix break my wimax?

tomplatz

Lurker
Jul 25, 2010
Here is my setup:
Fresh 3.5.0.1
Netarchy 4.3.2 CFS-noHAVS-noSBC-less-universal
Hardware version 0003

Was running fine till I decided to run the Data Service Governor Killer fix. The file downloaded fine, when I flashed it though I got a corrupted file error about halfway through it. Rebooted. Ran fine except my 4G keeps going into the scanning/connecting to sprint loop but never connects.

My keys are still present and the MAC address appears to be correct. I called sprint, they reset my data profile on their end and then did a Data Profile Restore on my end to "re-activate" the phone. Nothing.

tried multiple Profile and PRL updates. Nothing.

I've since reflashed all the radios and tried reflashing my ROM and kernels. Nothing.

3G and WiFi work fine. Any ideas?

It is possible that 4G is down in your area though Sprint should have known that. They don't always know. The governor kill files have nothing to do with Wimax. First try going back to a working nandroid. If that doesn't work flash a 3.70 rooted ruu; make sure 4g works and then wipe and install your Rom choice via the proper methods. And once your pro is up to current don't continuously update it. I found that on the current radio and pellet set it actually jacks up 3g and 4G connections.

Have you made any adjustments to the Wimax entries in the ##data# menu

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones