1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Could developer mode allow me to send all incoming calls directly to voicemail?

Discussion in 'Android Lounge' started by Danconover73, Oct 25, 2019.

1. Danconover73

Danconover73 Lurker

That's the only issue I have now. Phone isn't in that mode anymore, not airplane mode, do not disturb is off. I can send and receive texts, sounds and notifications work, outgoing calls work and I've got working AT&T service. Call forwarding and call waiting settings are normal, nobody on my block list. I've done multiple resets, restarts (some in safe mode), removed and cleaned the sim card, did a factory reset and removed a bunch of apps.

It seems I had to have messed something up in developer mode, that's around when the issue started. Thoughts?

2. Hadron

Hadron Smoke me a kipper...
    VIP Member

What options you have in developer mode depends on the phone and Android version. But there's nothing I've ever seen there that could do this.

What call forwarding options are available should be controlled by the service provider: that's why the list of options takes so long to load. So if an option isn't visible I'd try asking them if they know anything about it.

ocnbrze likes this.
  3. Danconover73

Danconover73 Lurker

Thanks. Unfortunately, they haven't been able to assist. I've been trying to figure this out for days. Tried every setting modification I could think of... before I actually asked for help.

4. Dannydet

Dannydet Extreme Android User

Check your contacts app and check each contact to see if the ringtone setting for each is not set to go to voice mail

ocnbrze likes this.
  5. Hadron

VIP Member

Can I just check what you mean by "developer mode"? That's not a regular android term, so I read it as "developer options", but I'm wondering whether it was something else (e.g. using USB debugging, and if so doing what with it)?

Not, as I say, that I can really think of anything that could do this (or do it so specifically).

6. Danconover73

Danconover73 Lurker

<ul style='margin-top:0; margin-bottom:0;'>
    <li dir='ltr' style='text-align:start;'>I'm not a developer, I'm just going on found information. I read how to enable it, did so and around the same time my phone started rooting every incoming call directly to VM whatever you'd like to call it. </li>
    </ul>

#6 Danconover73, Oct 25, 2019
    Last edited: Oct 25, 2019
  7. Hadron

VIP Member

But what do you mean by "developer mode"? Do you mean the developer options menu (which isn't a "mode", just a few extra settings that are normally hidden) or something else (the "Testing" app hidden in the dialer for example - that does change some call-related settings, though not this one, but can mess you up badly if you fiddle with it without knowing what you are doing)?

In any event have you tried using the call forwarding settings to see whether you can reset this, e.g. set it to divert all calls somewhere and then turn that off again?

ocnbrze and Dannydet like this.