1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Could I put a Nintendo DS emulator on my Huawei Ascend through rooting?

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by dtes87, May 16, 2011.

1. dtes87

dtes87 Lurker

And also, will rooting in general make the phone SIGNIFICANTLY faster? I just bought my Ascend a week and a half ago and it irritates the hell out of me. It is ridiculously slow, and using wi-fi is as frustrating as can be, almost every site is unloadable and has an error.

Other than that, I love the Ascend and how its built and if it could just be FAST, id stick with it. Plus I wanna put game emulators on there and wanna know if thats possible after rooting. thanks!

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. Thefoodman52

Thefoodman52 Android Expert

If the phone was able to run it (Highly, HIGHLY doubt it on this one), you should be able to just install one and go. I think there's one on the market too... However, I'd warn you. Don't expect any kind of usable or acceptable performance out of the emulator, if it does even run on your phone. On the high end android phones, the DS emulator is VERY slow and chunky. The Ascend against that, with it's odds of even being able to run the emulator, are slim to none. I would think you could get by with any of the older emulators though, like the SNES, for one example. If that will run on a Samsung Moment, it'll run on that.

3. kemik88

kemik88 Lurker

Your best bet is to root it and flash Cm6 or Cm7, it makes it SIGNIFICANTLY faster! I was about to trash my phone cuz i was tired of dealing with the laggy system, so I said, what the hey, I'll flash a ROM and see how it goes. Now i LOVE my phone, even more than my Blackberry Storm 2! As far as emulators go, Tiger GBA and Tiger GBC work perfectly on Cm7. Hope this helps

4. PlayfulGod

PlayfulGod Extreme Android User

+1, rooting does nothing to make it faster, only allows you to do more to help it out n customize it.

Best bet is CM6/7.

5. nuttmeg

nuttmeg Extreme Android User

and also you wouldnt be able to enjoy the games cause this little engine that could doesn't have multi touch...