• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Could my K20 have been taken over

I'm always a little puzzled when people's first assumption when there's anything they don't understand is that their phone has been taken over by someone competent enough to do it but incompetent enough to make it really obvious that they are doing it. That usually seems a little unlikely to me: I worry more about the app that's silently stealing data myself.

Can you give a detailed and precise description of what you are seeing. Phrases such as "the shady looking green guy" might be amusing but they are also completely unclear (unless the Hulk has hacked your phone, which isn't his style, the only "green guy" I can think of is the android logo, but I've never heard that called "shady-looking" before). Context helps: what you are doing, what else is on the screen at the same time, where he appears, what is on the screen when it wakes, etc.

Upvote 0
I'm always a little puzzled when people's first assumption when there's anything they don't understand is that their phone has been taken over by someone competent enough to do it but incompetent enough to make it really obvious that they are doing it. That usually seems a little unlikely to me: I worry more about the app that's silently stealing data myself.

Can you give a detailed and precise description of what you are seeing. Phrases such as "the shady looking green guy" might be amusing but they are also completely unclear (unless the Hulk has hacked your phone, which isn't his style, the only "green guy" I can think of is the android logo, but I've never heard that called "shady-looking" before). Context helps: what you are doing, what else is on the screen at the same time, where he appears, what is on the screen when it wakes, etc.

Well it's the android guy but it's like there is almost another screen behind the screen that's on sometimes it's my own home screen. I just no people that take over ones phones hense why I say taken over.
Like u no the apps that they can turn on ur phone see what ur doing without u actually knowing stuff like that.. I have factory reset it twice and same shit happens . I'm wondering if it's because I reopen my google account and emails. And it gets glitchy again. Anyone else have this issues

Upvote 0
so just to put you at ease. in order for someone to hack your phone, they would need physical access to your phone. there really is no way to hack a phone and do things to it remotely. you would either need to download spyware apps or root the phone to gain access to the system os.....so as long you did not hand your phone to a somebody you do not know, you should be fine.

and just so you know, i would not expect much from the phone anyways. according gsmarena lg k20 specs your phone only has 1gb of ram running pie. so yes things will be slow. if you are not clearing cache on a consistent basis things can run really slow or the phone can get very buggy.....so i'm not surprised.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones