• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Could not initialize DirectSoundCapture

I still unable to see my hello world , do I need the sounds to see the text ???

Emulator: dsound: Could not initialize DirectSoundCapture

12:06 PM Emulator: dsound: Reason: No sound driver is available for use, or the given GUID is not a valid DirectSound device ID

12:06 PM Emulator: dsound: Attempt to initialize voice without DirectSoundCapture object

12:06 PM Emulator: dsound: Attempt to initialize voice without DirectSoundCapture object

12:06 PM Emulator: audio: Failed to create voice `goldfish_audio_in'

12:06 PM Emulator: C:\Users\myname\AppData\Local\Android\Sdk\emulator\qemu\windows-x86_64\qemu-system-x86_64.exe: warning: opening audio input failed

12:06 PM Emulator: audio: Failed to create voice `adc'

12:06 PM Emulator: audio: Failed to create voice `adc'

12:06 PM Emulator: emulator: WARNING: UpdateCheck: Failure: Error

12:06 PM * daemon not running; starting now at tcp:5037

12:06 PM * daemon started successfully

Last edited:
I still unable to see my hello world , do I need the sounds to see the text ???

Emulator: dsound: Could not initialize DirectSoundCapture

I using Nexus 5x API 28 , my Android Emulator is 28.0.23

I unable to do Change "Graphics is uneditable
  1. Go to: Tools > Android > AVD Manager
  2. Press the "edit" (pencil) icon next to your AVD
  3. Change "Graphics" to "Software".

Upvote 0
Hi Newbie Learn Android,
I have the same problem on my PC, if you still have issue then here is the solution that I have to resolve mine:
1/ for audio output, use a 3.5mm audio plug and insert it into audio out socket, say a headphone or something like that this will activate the onboard audio output.
2/ for audio input(microphone), also use a 3.5mm audio plug(can be a dummy one like audio extention cable) and insert it into the mic-in plug.

now recompile the project and it should work, or at least it works on mine.

Good luck.

Reactions: mburakkalkan
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones