• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Could you give me a deleted photos recovery program?

View attachment 125381

From the first Samsung. That actually looks like it could be a carrier logo or trademark, rather than a knock-off device. Where did this phone actually come from? Is it Boost Mobile's logo? Which you wouldn't find in a fake Samsung, but could find in a carrier customized version phone.

EDIT.

I just Googled it, and it is definitely the Boost Mobile startup animation on the first Samsung.

Thanks a lot,
Then, we are in agreement. And my phone isn't a fake Samsung, but could be a carrier customized version phone.

Upvote 0
Are you sure that your phone is a genuine Samsung and not a counterfeit? The first boot animation (your phone) is not from Samsung. The other is.
Thanks a lot,
Here I have five questions:
1- I don't know if it is take or not. But, as Mikedt, found out and said in her/his reply.

2- even if it was fake, why that first boot animation wouldn't have been removed by the new flashing firmware. I think the flashing new firmware would have overwritten anything on the old Android system (firmware)?
3- could you let me know how to flash a new firmware to remove the first boot animation to be like the other Samsung phone? That other phone's owner told me that his phone had been booting with the same first boot animation shown on my phone boot. However, then he flashed his phone with another firmware and then that animation became no longer shown.

4- although the firmware zip file size was about 633 MB, and after extracting it, it was sized with about 1 GB, I notice that the processing of flashing my phone with that firmware via Odin program took only about 3 minutes.

5- why did fishing my phone with new firmware not remove apps downloaded and installed from store before flashing?

With the phones presenting identical information, and your SIM card works in one but not the other, I have a ideas about what might be happening here.

The first is that the SIM slot in your phone is damaged and can't read your sim properly.
Second, The phone is not a genuine Samsung device.
Finally, that the phone's IMEI is somehow blacklisted.

A couple of questions. Sorry if we've already gone over this.

1. Does any different SIM work in your phone? Or does any SIM card you put in it give you the same message?
2. What is the exact message about the SIM card? There are three possibilities. No SIM card means that the phone doesn't think there is anything in the SIM slot. SIM not recognized means that the phone sees a SIM in the slot, but can't identify it to the network. Invalid SIM means that the SIM in the phone will not work with your carrier's network.

For your first & second question, yes when inserting another SIM card into my Samsung I found none of them was recognised at all, and the exact message about the SIM card was "invalid SIM"

However, I think any Samsung phones need to be unlocked to be used with other different carriers since they are only designed to be used with a US carrier.

So, my phone isn't a fake Samsung, but could be a carrier customized version phone. Thus, could you give me any apps and tutorial to unlock Samsung network to be used with other carriers. I know such apps, Galaxy Toolbox, Galaxysimlocker, etc.

Upvote 0
Okay, thanks Mike.

@a cooperator since Boost Mobile is a Sprint mvno i'd give the Sprint CDMA firmware from Sammobile.com a try.
Thanks a lot, then you will need me to download the Sprint CDMA firmware you did not recommend first, and recommended unknowns ones, since it has features which wouldn't let my SIM be detected, and need me to flash my phone with it again?

However, look! The first firmware with unknown with which my phone was flashed remove the person name shown as my build number in the settings. I even still don't know how that person could have let his name be shown under build number instead of appearing it as a number.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Let's consider this.

If your sim card works in another phone running the same firmware version, and NO sim card inserted in your phone works, then I can think of two possible scenarios.

First, that the sim slot is damaged, physically and just can read a sim card that is inverted into it. No amount of firmware flashing can fix this as it's a hardware problem.

The second is that since the phone was sold through Boost mobile that it is locked to their network. And that the reason your phone worked before was because the firmware you had on it originally was somehow modified to unlock it from the Boost network. This is less likely because if the phone was carrier-locked you would get a message to enter an unlocking code, rather than simply seeing "invalid sim".

I'm starting to think your phone is damaged. Look closely at the sim slot and see if anything looks broken or bent.

Upvote 0
There's no doubt that your phone is genuine: if it were a fake you couldn't have flashed real Samsung firmware to it, and if you somehow had it would have rendered the phone completely inoperable. So you don't have to worry about that.

I don't know much about Boost mobile handsets, so don't feel able to comment on the possibility of a firmware flash removing an unlock, though like Luna I'd expect a request for an unlock code rather than "invalid SIM". I'm just unsure because we don't have CDMA handsets at all where I am, so I've no experience of them.

Upvote 0
Let's consider this.

If your sim card works in another phone running the same firmware version, and NO sim card inserted in your phone works, then I can think of two possible scenarios.

First, that the sim slot is damaged, physically and just can read a sim card that is inverted into it. No amount of firmware flashing can fix this as it's a hardware problem.

The second is that since the phone was sold through Boost mobile that it is locked to their network. And that the reason your phone worked before was because the firmware you had on it originally was somehow modified to unlock it from the Boost network. This is less likely because if the phone was carrier-locked you would get a message to enter an unlocking code, rather than simply seeing "invalid sim".

I'm starting to think your phone is damaged. Look closely at the sim slot and see if anything looks broken or bent.
Thanks a lot,
Could you please reply to my questions:::
1- I don't think that there is something damage with my SIM card slot. My phone was recognising my SIM card well once it was on it. However, after doing either, most likely the rooting by Kingo Root app, then I found out that SIM got invalid on my phone. Although the root (super user) was removed by flashing new firmware, the SIM is still not recognised.

2- Why that first boot animation wouldn't have been removed by the new flashing firmware. I think the flashing new firmware would have overwritten anything on the old Android system (firmware)?

3- could you let me know how to flash a new firmware to remove the first boot animation to be like the other Samsung phone? That other phone's owner told me that his phone had been booting with the same first boot animation shown on my phone boot. However, then he flashed his phone with another firmware and then that animation became no longer shown.

4- although the firmware zip file size was about 633 MB, and after extracting it, it was sized with about 1 GB, I notice that the processing of flashing my phone with that firmware via Odin program took only about 3 minutes.

5- why did fishing my phone with new firmware not remove apps downloaded and installed from store before flashing?

6- you will need me to download the Sprint CDMA firmware you did not recommend first, and recommended unknowns ones, since it has features which wouldn't let my SIM be detected, and the need me to flash my phone with it again?

7- The first firmware with unknown with which my phone was flashed remove the person name shown as my build number in the settings. I even still don't know how that person could have let his name be shown under build number instead of appearing it as a number.

8- I think any Samsung phones need to be unlocked to be used with other different carriers since they are only designed to be used with a US carrier.

So, my phone could be a carrier customized version phone. Thus, could you give me any apps and tutorial to unlock Samsung network to be used with other carriers. I know such apps, Galaxy Toolbox, Galaxysimlocker, etc.

Upvote 0
The unlock code can only come from the carrier. In your case, Boost Mobile.

Do you see the unlock option screen as shown in your video?
First of all,
Could you please confirm form that I should download the other firmware as you said below, or it will be fruitless.
@a cooperator since Boost Mobile is a Sprint mvno i'd give the Sprint CDMA firmware from Sammobile.com a try.

Secondly, no there is no unlock option at all in my screenshot below.
Invalid SIM card.png

Thirdly: I asked another person in my country and he told me he uses SIM unlocking apps, such as GT tools, dfs CDMA, Galaxysimblock, and Galaxy Toolbox. He didn't tell me that I must get any code from my carrier at all, and he told me that that app can unlock phone to be used with other SIMs in different countries. I want to do this by myself to get knowledge.

Finally: look whenever inserting my SIM card to my Samsung phone, I see "invalid SIM card" with a red across mark over signal. Also, when taking out the SIM card of the other Samsung phone, on which it was working well, and inserting it into my Smasung, I also see "invalid SIM card" with a red across mark over the signal. However, whenever taking out any SIM card which was working well on other phones, and inserting it, I don't see "invalid SIM card, and I only see a red across mark over the signal, and the SIM card isn't detected.

Attachments

• A red across mark over the signal.png
    A red across mark over the signal.png
    129.9 KB · Views: 162
Upvote 0
First of all,
Could you please confirm form that I should download the other firmware as you said below, or it will be fruitless.

I can't really confirm anything. I was just suggesting options for you to try. It very well could be fruitless. I just don't have a definitive answer for you.

Secondly, no there is no unlock option at all in my screenshot below.

What you see is a notification. In the video you posted earlier, when the person tapped on that notification they were prompted for an unlock code. What happens when you tap on the notification for invalid SIM?

Thirdly: I asked another person in my country and he told me he uses SIM unlocking apps ...

As a rule, I don't recommend using third party unlock tools. I've found most of them unreliable, but in your case I think there's little chance of getting an unlock code from Boost.

Upvote 0
I can't really confirm anything. I was just suggesting options for you to try. It very well could be fruitless. I just don't have a definitive answer for you.
Thanks a lot,
But the firmware file size is about 635 MB, and the SamMobile server is very slow. Thus, maybe I will need a day to finish downloading firmware.

What you see is a notification. In the video you posted earlier, when the person tapped on that notification they were prompted for an unlock code. What happens when you tap on the notification for invalid SIM?
No, thing happens at all.
I am expecting that person on that video installed a SIM unlocking app on his mobile which brought that unlock option whenever taping on the notification "invalid SIM card"

As a rule, I don't recommend using third party unlock tools. I've found most of them unreliable, but in your case I think there's little chance of getting an unlock code from Boost.
But I only have a Yemeni SIM card issued by Yemen Mobile whose system is CDMA. So, why do you need me to get unlock code from Boost.
I even contacted the customer support of the Yemen Mobile company issued my SIM asking them about how to unlock my SIM and asking them about code. But, they told me that they didn't know?

Also, that person on my country claims on saying he can unlock my phone with some SIM unlocking apps. BUT, I want him to show me how to do that since I got very curious to know. But, he refused.

Upvote 0
No, thing happens at all.
I am expecting that person on that video installed a SIM unlocking app on his mobile which brought that unlock option whenever taping on the notification "invalid SIM card"

I think you are making an incorrect assumption about the unlock option. It is my understanding that when you place a SIM card from another carrier in a locked phone you should be prompted to enter an unlock code without the need of any app. The message might happen only when you power on your phone, but it should show up at least once with every reboot while the unrecognized sim is inserted.

Also, that person on my country claims on saying he can unlock my phone with some SIM unlocking apps. BUT, I want him to show me how to do that since I got very curious to know. But, he refused.

He may be afraid that you will then offer to do that for others and take business away from him. Or it could be illegal in your country to do that. Without knowing exactly what he does to unlock phones, it's anybody's guess.

Upvote 0
He may be afraid that you will then offer to do that for others and take business away from him. Or it could be illegal in your country to do that. Without knowing exactly what he does to unlock phones, it's anybody's guess.
Thanks a lot,
I don't know if that person claiming on saying he could unlock my phone with apps is honest or not. But, when he had a look at my phone he didn't say that he should be prompted to enter an unlock code. He only mentioned to that I must first remove all the US settings using SIM unlocking app on that Samsung phone.
It is legal in Yemen, but he don't want to let me show, and want me to pay without being enlightened.

It isn't a matter of paying or even damaging my phone since this phone would only cost about about $30, and doesn't deserve all this effort and I think downloads traffic discounted from my internet account while googling on this issue is much higher than the price of phone.
However, it is a matter of I am determined to succeed to fix this issue with getting familiar with it.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
I think you are making an incorrect assumption about the unlock option. It is my understanding that when you place a SIM card from another carrier in a locked phone you should be prompted to enter an unlock code without the need of any app. The message might happen only when you power on your phone, but it should show up at least once with every reboot while the unrecognized sim is inserted.

Hi, Lunatic59,
After a lot of efforts done by you, and me, I found out this very little app called 'GT(idoneapps) disabled the magic done on my phone.
Could you please read and reply to my points below? I know they are quite a lot, but they only need confirmations and a few answers.

I tried launching that GT app three times, and in each time, I didn't find any option as 'unlock' in the app interface. Where "SIM UICC Unlock" under the 'SIM uicc' isn't an command option to be set with a value. I got firstly stumbled with how to unlock my SIM.
So, I couldn't know from where I could start to unlock my SIM card. Even I still don't remember how the interface of commands options were setup before my SIM card got unlocked. I wish that I had taken a screen shot of the interface of that GT app's commands before my SIM card got unlocked to see how the values of the commands were setup before my SIM got unlocked. I even still haven't seen anythings added or shown on my phone after my SIM got unlocked.
However, that below screen shot below was only taken after my SIM card had been unlocked. So, all those command options shown in the interface might be setup/edited with the correct values after my SIM card was unlocked.
Anyway, in the fourth time launching the GT app, I tried guessing to change the the values of the following commands, I changed the command "a ro.build.type" from the default value 'user' to 'Eng', and once I had done that, I was prompted to 'reboot system to let the changes take effect. The second command I changed is the Keystring from OFF to ON 'ON' .
Then, when restarting my phone, I got the SIM being recognised.
This is the screen shot of GT app after the SIM got recognised.
GT for unlocking SIM cards.jpg
My SIM card is being unlocked and recognised.jpg

Bear in mind that when my SIM got recognised after running the GT app, then whenever restarting/running on my phone, then I see 'Android is upgrading'(screen shot below) while booting.
now whenever my phone is booting, this Android is upgrading.jpg

Bear in mind that before or after my SIM got recognised, in each time, I restart my Android system, and when launching GT app, I would have been faced with 'Unfortunately, idoneapps has stopped'. So, to let GT app launch well, I would need to reinstall it again and open it although it is still being installed. Or otherwise, launching it, I would have been faced with 'Unfortunately, idoneapps has stopped'.
It seems as if it works for one session in each time, and after phone got restarted or powered off/turned on, then that app will need to be reinstalled again, and will need to be reopened once it was reinstalled after restarting my phone.

Now, my questions are as follows:
1- What do you guess might be causing the issue of SIM was being invalid/not recognised by my phone? In other words, if I want to rolled back to the case when my SIM was not recognised by my phone to retest the GT app again and see quite what was the steps of unlocking SIM card.

2- As long as my phone is working well and I don't have any issues with it, could you kindly give me the guide to make a full Android system image with TWRP recovery to be in a safe place if that issue or others come again(Lunatic59, kindly mentioned to some steps of how TWRP does,
Do you have TWRP recovery installed on your phone? It's not an app, it's the recovery utility installed in its own partition on the phone and only accessible through special commands (either issued through adb or via a special key combination.)

Let's check.

1. Turn off the device.
  2. Press and hold the Volume Up key and the Home key, then press and hold the Power key.
  3. When the Samsung logo screen displays, release only the Power key
  4. When the Android logo displays, release the Volume Up and the Home key('Installing system update' may show for about 30 - 60 seconds before showing the Android system recovery menu options).
  5. Press the Volume up and down keys to highlight menu options.
  6. Find the option to reboot or restart the phone (Do not select factory reset now).
  7. Press Power button to select.
Then your phone will restart.

If that happened then you have stock recovery. Making a system image backup is not possible using stock recovery.
If, on the other hand, you have something else display and it says TeamWin or something similar, you have TWRP already installed and you can make a nandroid backup. Let us know what results you get. If you aren't sure, post a screen shot, if possible.

3- As TWRP is not an app, it's the recovery utility installed in its own partition on the phone and only accessible through special commands (either issued through adb or via a special key combination.), then how could I install it, and how to boot to the TWRP recovery environment?

4- If I have TWRP installed and I see something else display and it says TeamWin or something similar, then how to make nandroid backup?

5- If have TWRP installed and I see something else display and it says TeamWin or something similar, and I can make nandroid backup, then why Laun mentioned to 'Don't select factory reset now' in "Find the option to reboot or restart the phone (Do not select factory reset now).". What is the relation to mention to 'don't select factory reset' while mentioning to how to find if TWRP is installed or not.

6- Now the display language of my phone cannot be selected as Arabic as it was. However, all the available languages are English, Chinese, Espanel, etc.However, to how to add the Arabic language in the drop-down menu of languages. I don't know if that happened once I had flashed the new downloaded and uploaded firmware from the SamMobile since the Arabic language was there before flashing my phone. The firmware my phone was having was modified by the person "Fawzi Bakramha'. So, this name is written under the build number. Thus, that person is the one who might have modified the firmware and added the Arabic language)

Display language cannot be in Arabic.jpg

The build number was shown as follows after flashing phone with new firmware.
View attachment 125497

Last edited:
Upvote 0
I can't really comment on anything related to the GT app. I don't know what it is or how it works. I did see that they charge for the service and it's rather a lot for a phone that isn't worth much more than the cost of the unlock app, but that's your decision.

I found this discussion about TWRP and the SM-G360P. I jhust want to reiterate that you have no way to backup the complete image until TWRP is flashed to the device, but it may not even work. There seems to be some difficulty with this variant of the prevail/core prime.

As for supporting Arabic, I know that there were some issues early on with certain languages and Arabic was one of them. Since this phone was intended for US markets, I can understand why Arabic is not installed by default. https://www.wikihow.com/Install-the-Arabic-Language-on-Android

Upvote 0
I can't really comment on anything related to the GT app. I don't know what it is or how it works. I did see that they charge for the service and it's rather a lot for a phone that isn't worth much more than the cost of the unlock app, but that's your decision.
Thanks a lot,
Could you please concentrate with me?
I said in my last post that that GT app fixed my issue with letting my SIM card be recognised by my phone(if you had had a look at my first two screenshots, you would have seen that SIM card was working well. However, I didn't remember what exactly I did in that app since I set many commands options with values in that app, and then restarted my phone , and SIM got recognised. So, dont know what command fixed the SIM card not being recongnised.

Only Changing the command option a ro.build.type from the default value 'user' to 'Eng' only required me to reboot the phone.

Secondly: you didn't comment on this
Bear in mind that when my SIM got recognised after running the GT app, then whenever restarting/running on my phone, then I see 'Android is upgrading'(screen shot below) while booting. What does his screen shot below mean to you?

I found this discussion about TWRP and the SM-G360P. I just want to reiterate that you have no way to backup the complete image until TWRP is flashed to the device, but it may not even work. There seems to be some difficulty with this variant of the prevail/core prime.
Then you think while TWRP is flashed to my device, I will need to factory reset? If not, I reiterate that why you mentioned to 'Don't select factory reset now' in "Find the option to reboot or restart the phone (Do not select factory reset now)."while listing the steps of how TWRP works. What is the relation to mention to 'don't select factory reset' while mentioning to how to find if TWRP is installed or not.

Secondly: where is the
discussion about TWRP and the SM-G360P? I need a guide of how to use TWRP.
If I had made a full Android system image with TWRP while my Android system is working well, and I had flashed a new firmware to my device, or did some things making my phone work with some errors, and I had restored my phone from the full image backup, then you think my phone would have worked back well?

As for supporting Arabic, I know that there were some issues early on with certain languages and Arabic was one of them. Since this phone was intended for US markets, I can understand why Arabic is not installed by default. https://www.wikihow.com/Install-the-Arabic-Language-on-Android

I was told I should google for SM-G360P Android System in Arabic, and I would find results of firmware edited and added with Arabic language.
However, when asking about I should include build number while googling, I was told no need and the firmware modified will include Arabic language and would be compatible for any model brand of SM-G360P.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
The only comment I have about that GT app is that I know nothing about it, how it works or what it changes. The questions you are asking should be directed to the developer of that app as I can't answer them.

I feel Like I've gone over what TWRP recovery is, what it does and what happens when you flash it to your phone. I will try one more time, but then I don't think I can add anything further so I am not going to continue with this.

Most phones come with a recovery partition that will allow you to boot a utility that is NOT part of Android. This give you some basic maintenance functions like clearing the Android system cache, applying system updates and performing a factory reset. The recovery that comes from the factory is limited in function so developers have created recoveries with additional functionality. For a long time the two most commonly used were TWRP and CWM. TWRP is the most current and featured custom recovery for Android phones. This is what you must have to backup the full system and an image that can restore the phone to the exact state it was in when the backup was made. This is called a "nandroid" backup.

You currently do not have TWRP on your phone. We've confirmed that. There are two steps necessary to get TWRP on your phone. First, you must unlock the bootloader. This allows the recovery partition to be modified. Unlocking the bootloader on any Android phone forces a factory reset. There is no way around this. Once the bootloader is unlocked, you will then be able to flash TWRP tot he phone which replaces the stock Samsung recovery with TWRP.

It is only then that you will be able to create the full system image backup. Assuming you have performed the steps in order, what you will have is a factory reset phone to backup. In other words, not of your apps, files or settings will be saved.

When I said not to reset your phone it was only while we were checking which recovery you had. It doesn't mean to never reset your phone.

then you think my phone would have worked back well?

Everything I've suggested is just something for you to try based on my knowledge of Android and experience with other phones. What I have suggested could work, or it could fail. There are no guarantees and since I don't have that phone to test there is no way for me to know definitively, so it's up to you to either do further research or experiment yourself until you find what works for you.

Upvote 0
I feel Like I've gone over what TWRP recovery is, what it does and what happens when you flash it to your phone. I will try one more time, but then I don't think I can add anything further so I am not going to continue with this.

Most phones come with a recovery partition that will allow you to boot a utility that is NOT part of Android. This give you some basic maintenance functions like clearing the Android system cache, applying system updates and performing a factory reset. The recovery that comes from the factory is limited in function so developers have created recoveries with additional functionality. For a long time the two most commonly used were TWRP and CWM. TWRP is the most current and featured custom recovery for Android phones. This is what you must have to backup the full system and an image that can restore the phone to the exact state it was in when the backup was made. This is called a "nandroid" backup.

You currently do not have TWRP on your phone. We've confirmed that. There are two steps necessary to get TWRP on your phone. First, you must unlock the bootloader. This allows the recovery partition to be modified. Unlocking the bootloader on any Android phone forces a factory reset. There is no way around this. Once the bootloader is unlocked, you will then be able to flash TWRP tot he phone which replaces the stock Samsung recovery with TWRP.

It is only then that you will be able to create the full system image backup. Assuming you have performed the steps in order, what you will have is a factory reset phone to backup. In other words, not of your apps, files or settings will be saved.

Thanks a lot, lunatic59
Could you please confirm my last points below?
1- How to do unlock the bootloader?

2- When flashing TWRP to the phone which replaces the stock Samsung recovery with TWRP, then I can never be able to roll back to the stock Samsung recovery ?

3- When creating a full system via TWRP, then I can move a copy of it to my a PC of mine in order to be in a safe place from being corrupted, deleted, etc.

4- From where I can download TWRP for free?

5- BTW, while flashing a new firmware(Android system) file to my device, I didn't see that my apps or data were deleted.

6- Also, although the firmware file size was about 1 GB, however, while flashing firmware to my phone via Odin app, then I only found that the process took about three minutes.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
1- How to do unlock the bootloader?

I don't think you need to unlock the bootloader with a Samsung phone if you use Odin to flash, but just in case, here's the instructions.

https://www.androidpit.com/unlock-bootloader-with-one-click-many-manufacturers

2- When flashing TWRP to the phone which replaces the stock Samsung recovery with TWRP, then I can never be able to roll back to the stock Samsung recovery ?

Yes. If you reflash the official SM-G360P firmware it should also reinstall the original stock recovery.

3- When creating a full system via TWRP, then I can move a copy of it to my a PC of mine in order to be in a safe place from being corrupted, deleted, etc.

Yes, but if you need to restore it, it will either have to be put back in the phone's internal storage or on an SD card.

4- From where I can download TWRP for free?

See below

5- BTW, while flashing a new firmware(Android system) file to my device, I didn't see that my apps or data were deleted.

If you mean that your apps were still on the phone after flashing, you either had a n automatic restore option checked or you are just seeing the stock apps.

6- Also, although the firmware file size was about 1 GB, however, while flashing firmware to my phone via Odin app, then I only found that the process took about three minutes.

That sounds about right for a good USB connection. Theoretically, if you had optimum performance, it should only take about 18 seconds to copy 1GB of data over a USB2.0 connection.

Here's the link to TeamWin with instructions and links for flashing TWRP.

https://twrp.me/samsung/samsunggalaxyprevail.html

Upvote 0
I don't think you need to unlock the bootloader with a Samsung phone if you use Odin to flash, but just in case, here's the instructions.

You mean if I had downloaded the TWRP file, and added it to Odin and had flashed TWRP to my device via Odin, then I wouldn't need to have bootloader unlocked? I wasn't expecting that TWRP file would be flashed to my device via Odin as well as flashing firmware file.

If I wouldn't need to unlock the bootloader even if I am going to flash TWRP to my device via Odin, then I didn't find any bootloader-unlocking app for my SM-G360P. I found EZ-Unlock14 on your above link, but it is an Andorid app which needs to be installed on a device, and I was notified that that EZ-Unlock14 would brick my phone.

When I tried downloading Official TWRP App from Play Store on my Gionee Marathon M5 lite, I didn't see any Gionee device listed, then how to select on the TWRP FLASH screen. Or TWRP doesn't support Gionee devices????
I read there on the Offical TWRO app website "Once you have passed this initial screen, you will be greeted with the app home screen where you can choose TWRP FLASH or NETWORK STATISTICS (more on the network statistics later). On the TWRP FLASH screen you will need to select a device. Once you have selected a device, the app will periodically check for new TWRP versions for the device that you have selected. The default interval is once per day, but you can tap on the settings icon in the upper-right to change the interval or disable the update check entirely."

If you mean that your apps were still on the phone after flashing, you either had a n automatic restore option checked or you are just seeing the stock apps.
Yes, I mean the apps were still on the phone after flashing firmware to my device, and yes I was having the automatic restore option checked before flashing the firmware and even before doing factory reset.

I really would like you to confirm for me if 'Back up my data to Google services' option is checked, then this option would be performed, and save a backup file to Google account associated/added on my phone only once I do factory reset or any action needs to remove my data. Then when factory reset completes, then the 'Automatic restore from to Google services' option would be performed and restore app to my phone automatically.
I was seeing a backup file on my "drive.google.com/drive/backups". However, once I unchecked the option ''Back up my data' for a moment and rechecked it again, then became seeing 'no backups' shown there on drive.google.com/drive/backups. Though I was seeing 'last backup file' there on "drive.google.com/drive/backups" before unchecking and rechecking

If Backup and Restore are checked while factory reset.png

When are those 'backup my data' and 'automatic restore' options performed if they are checked? In other words, when must I have a backup file on the backups section on my account at https://drive.google.com/drive/backups? Sometimes, I do not see any backups in my Google account at drive.google.com even although the option 'back up my data' is checked on my phone settings.
Thus, I think the mechanism of 'back up data' and 'automatic restore' options is whenever doing factory reset while the option 'backup my data' had been checked, then a backup file of data would have been saved to Google account on 'drive.google'. And once factory reset will complete, then the data will be restored if the option 'automatic restore' had been selected before doing factory reset.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
It is becoming exceedingly difficult to answer your questions as you are asking for more specific things about your particular phone. I do not have that phone, nor do I have any experience with it. I cannot confirm anything. While I understand how things are supposed to work, often they don't work properly or there are unique issues for a single model phone.

While it's admirable that you want to educate yourself and learn the processes and techniques of modifying Android devices, I don't think there's much more I can offer here. You might consider taking a course at a local trade school or college where you have an instructor who can provide hands-on experience.

Upvote 0
It is becoming exceedingly difficult to answer your questions as you are asking for more specific things about your particular phone. I do not have that phone, nor do I have any experience with it. I cannot confirm anything. While I understand how things are supposed to work, often they don't work properly or there are unique issues for a single model phone.

While it's admirable that you want to educate yourself and learn the processes and techniques of modifying Android devices, I don't think there's much more I can offer here. You might consider taking a course at a local trade school or college where you have an instructor who can provide hands-on experience.
Thanks a lot for all your quite excellent explanations.
I know that you don't have that phone I have. But, could you please let me know if my understanding is correct in these points below:

You mean with "I don't think you need to unlock the bootloader with a Samsung phone if you use Odin to flash" with if I had downloaded the TWRP file, and added it to Odin and had flashed TWRP to my device via Odin, then I wouldn't need to have bootloader unlocked? I wasn't expecting that TWRP file would be flashed to my device via Odin as well as flashing firmware file.

If I wouldn't need to unlock the bootloader even if I am going to flash TWRP to my device via Odin, then I didn't find any bootloader-unlocking app for my SM-G360P. I found EZ-Unlock14 on your above link, but it is an Andorid app which needs to be installed on a device, and I was notified that that EZ-Unlock14 would brick my phone.

When I tried downloading the Official TWRP App from Play Store on my other device called Gionee Marathon M5 lite, I didn't see any Gionee device listed when I got to the TWRP FLASH screen, then how to select on the TWRP FLASH screen. I found many other device brands, such as Samsung Galaxy Prevail, Samsung Galaxy Core Prime, Samsung Galaxy Core Prime 3G, etc. Or TWRP doesn't support Gionee devices????
I read there on the Offical TWRO app website "Once you have passed this initial screen, you will be greeted with the app home screen where you can choose TWRP FLASH or NETWORK STATISTICS (more on the network statistics later). On the TWRP FLASH screen you will need to select a device. Once you have selected a device, the app will periodically check for new TWRP versions for the device that you have selected. The default interval is once per day, but you can tap on the settings icon in the upper-right to change the interval or disable the update check entirely."

Last edited:
Upvote 0
I wasn't expecting that TWRP file would be flashed to my device via Odin as well as flashing firmware file.

TWRP is not an APP. TWRP is NOT and app. I don't know how many different ways I can say that. It's becoming clear to me that I am either failing at explaining it properly or you aren't understanding what I'm trying to tell you.

Do you understand what a "dual boot" means for PC's? Where you can run two different operating systems on the same machine? Do you understand disk partitioning? Where you can have one physical disk in a machine but several volumes that look like separate disks to the machine? And, that you can access one from the other? It's similar to that.

While that TWRP app you found in the play store can make things a little easier, it's only a routine to automate what I suggested you do manually. And your phone must be rooted for that to work. What TWRP does or doesn't support is up to TWRP and the developers. Ask them about Gionee support. Could be no one wanted it, or Gionee does something to their phones that makes development harder, so they skipped it. If you want the true reason, you'll have to ask them.

Reactions: Deleted User
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones