1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Support Country Code Issue

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by gkain, Apr 13, 2011.

1. gkain

gkain Lurker
    Apr 13, 2011

Apr 13, 2011
    Hello everyone,

I have a weird issue on my hand: My G1 does not know where it is at.

I bought a HTC G1 running 1.6 about 2 years ago in Germany and had it on the German T-Mobile network for the longest time. Then about 6 months ago I moved to the USA and got myself a US T-Mobile pre-paid SIM and used that for a while, until I got AT&T about a month ago (I had no service with T-Mobile at my home). I used some automatic root kit app to get the sim-lock off by the way.

So now every call or text message that I receive has a +1-xxx-xxx-xxxx due to the USA area code. That is all good and fine, but when ever I just hit respond to a text message, it does not go through: The phone says send but no-one ever gets the texts. To send text messages, I have to remove the +1 and simply send it to xxx-xxx-xxxx. When I was in Germany, the phone would automatically do that for me, unless the text did not come from within Germany.

So my question is, is there a way to make clear to the phone that it is now in the USA, with a US-SIM card and should remove the +1 instead of the +49 (for Germany)?

If anyone know's if and/or how it is possible to change/fix that, please let me know. I forget half the time to remove the +1, so I always end up with angry people who say I am ignoring them.

Thank you very much,