• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Couple of almost macro shots using my EVO

Took these last night in a dim room. The illumination was from the phone's flash. It took a few attempts to get them in focus, but the results are pretty good for a camera on a phone.

Here are direct links for better views 1 2

Given a choice, I would still prefer my regular shooter, but I am quite satisfied with what the EVO camera can do in a pinch.

Video is still a bit disappointing, but again, good for a phone.

Those are pretty nice for a cell phone cam.

I am still waiting for my EVO to come in, but I was wondering how much control, if any, you have over things like shutter speed, aperture, and iso. Are those settings adjustable, or is the camera full-auto?

the ISO can be auto, or user set
i have not seen a shutter speed setting so i don't think you can adjust that.
the rest is brightness, contras, sharpness, saturation
it also has fliters to change what it looks like
blue tint, orange tint, negative, ect...

Upvote 0
RANT ALERT

While I am happy with the camera in my EVO it is no replacement for even my worst DSLR or digicam.

That being said macro by definition means what photographers call 1:1. What that means is that something 1cm long in real life will produce an image 1cm long on the sensor.

While there is nothing wrong with the pix posted by the OP they are far from macro.

END RANT ALERT

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones