1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

General Couple of issues

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Largepkg, Mar 1, 2014.

1. Largepkg

Largepkg Member
    None

Jul 22, 2010
    I've had my G2 for a couple of months now. Two things are now bugging me.

In multiple strong LTE areas my phone drops to a 3G signal and will only pick up LTE again by toggling airplane mode on and off. I'm aware this is probably a network issue but it drives me nuts.

This past week my knock on would stop working randomly or so I thought. Knock off works fine but knock on was touch and go. I finely narrowed it down. Turns out it only stops working when the phone is warm. Either from use or in my pocket for a period of time. Once it cools down it works fine. It's not like it's overheating badly either, just warm.

Anyone else have these issues?

Advertisement

2. Lightninrod

Lightninrod Well-Known Member
    None

Dec 7, 2009
    Male
    Retired stock broker
    Warner Robins, GA
    If you install the Gravity Screen app you won't have to deal with knock-knock. IMO It's one of the best apps that can be used for our G2s. It does other good things too.

3. donm527

donm527 Newbie
    None

Nov 20, 2013
    I have no overheating or even high heat issues... if you are sure you do, then maybe whatever is causing your lte issue could be related... bad chip causing heat/electronics issue.

too bad over a month old so i guess you can swap phones. guess could be chance a sw issue that you could test by upgrading to kitkat and reseting the phone sw to test.

4. bberryhill0

bberryhill0 Android Expert
    None

Sounds like a hardware issue. Try a factory reset. If that doesn't help have the device replaced.

5. Largepkg

Largepkg Member
    None

Jul 22, 2010
    Yea, I already did a factory reset with no change.

I'm with Sprint and I know they have some issues with triband LTE. This doesn't seem like the issues others are having with Sprint.

One question. I didn't purchase insurance. Do I take the phone to Sprint or do I need to contact LG?

6. Lambertoid

Lambertoid Member
    None

Jun 5, 2012
    tech
    Call sprint customers service and add insurance to your account put up with it for a week or so and bring the phone in to the store...

7. bberryhill0

bberryhill0 Android Expert
    None

It's under warranty so insurance isn't necessary.

8. techmeister

techmeister Newbie
    None

Jun 13, 2012
    Electronics Engineer
    Connecticut
    Not sure if this will help, but I have noticed that if the proximity sensor [next to front camera] is obstructed in any way that the knock on/off feature won't work. It also seems to happens in extremely low light conditions...And sometimes after moving it from a dark place [pocket] it takes a few extra seconds for it to work properly.

Even the feature to answer calls by just placing the phone to your ear is affected by lighting conditions.

9. Largepkg

Largepkg Member
    None

Jul 22, 2010
    No, it's definitely a temperature issue. When the phone is warm and I mean mildly warm the knock on just refuses to work. I can even live with it. I'm scared what kind of replacement I'll get if I send it in.

I'm hoping the LTE issues are tower upgrade related. Hopefully kit kat will have a positive effect on these problems. If not I'll probably stop by a Sprint store.

10. techmeister

techmeister Newbie
    None

Jun 13, 2012
    Electronics Engineer
    Connecticut
    I know that the LTE issues we are having in my area won't go away until they do a complete upgrade to the towers. So far we only have one city in my state that has received the spark upgrade, which leaves our phones totally useless in any other part of the state unless you keep it in CDMA only mode...If the phone is left in the LTE mode you can't receive incoming calls, so we are stuck manually switching our phones to LTE mode when we want to use 4G and then setting them back to CDMA so we can receive incoming calls...But in Sprints defense, Spark works great in the one city we have it, unfortunately I live about 40 miles away from that city.

LG G2

The LG G2 has a 5.2-inch display with 1080p resolution. It also has a Qualcomm Snapdragon 800 processor, 2GB of RAM, a 13 megapixel camera, NFC, and more.
Tags: