1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

couple of keyboard questions

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by jmt9779, Jan 12, 2010.

1. jmt9779

jmt9779 Android Enthusiast

hey guys, just a couple of questions about using the keyboard...

1) How do you select text and cut/copy/paste with the virtual keyboard? (I know how to do it with the physical keyboard but I almost never use it.)

2) I know that if you tap a field to enter text, the virtual keyboard will pop up but when I'm done entering my text, is there a way to hide the keyboard again?

3) How can I delete more than one email at time? (I use gmail and yahoo email - and, yes, my yahoo email still works - on my Droid.)

Thanks guys!

2. Geoponic

Geoponic Well-Known Member

On the Hero: (I know you're on a droid but i could be similar)

1)Long press for copy and paste functions

2)Is there a button in the bottom left corner of the virtual keyboard that looks like a keyboard and an arrow pointing down? That hides the keyboard

3) Go into email client: Menu/delete and a tick box should appear of what you want to delete.
    With GMAIL just tick the boxes in the list then Menu/delete

3. jmt9779

jmt9779 Android Enthusiast

Thanks! Your answers to 1 and 3 worked. There's no button on the virtual keyboard like you mentioned in 2 but I think I figured it out from just trying a bunch of stuff. (In landscape mode, just swipe down and it'll hide the keyboard. In portrait, hitting the back button will hide it.)

Motorola Droid Forum

The Motorola Droid release date was November 2009. Features and Specs include a 3.7" inch screen, 5MP camera, 256GB RAM, processor, and 1400mAh battery.

November 2009
Release Date
Reviews